Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    And a couple more, b/c like lays you can't just have one. lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The sole survivor of my 3 potentially scaleless nn chicks. This was the darkest of the three.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The hooda's three, NN x houdan

2. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    Nice birdies Kassaundra, Are those chicks from some one local or did you hatch them at home ? Banjo said her had a batch due this week end but thoes in your picture look about 10 days old or more.

3. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I would say girl. My boys ALWAYS have a way bigger comb.. even before they were fully feathered :p Which rooster would you use for breeding? I'd like to see him :) [​IMG] This is a favourite of mine. I think I will name her Mildred. She squats already! 11 weeks old and she squats! Does the shake off and everything. :love

4. Kassaundra

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    flower, those are from banjoe's hatches earlier this year. I plan on hatching some out later when they get older.

aoxa, that girl is beautiful I love her color it looks so mahogany. Are you asking me about which roo? for what?? If you mean that made mensa, draye would have to answer that, she came from his hatching eggs.

5. aoxa

Oh so you haven't hatched any of your own yet? Do you plan to? Curious what roo you would use :) I have two choices for which roo to keep.. [​IMG] This one, which is the one I am leaning towards. or a barred pea comb NN [​IMG] Both of the peacombed barred chicks are not pure for barring. The father was not pure for barring, but there was one hen that was barred, so I have a couple roos that are lighter in barring. Both have single combs though, and I don't want to use a boy with a single comb. Which would you choose?

6. Kassaundra

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Full disclosure I am not any kind of genetics guru at all. I agree about the pea comb choice instead of the single comb. The barring pattern isn't my favorite so I would choose the red and white roo, especially if you already have a barred female. I asked about the offspring of barred boys and seem to remember the answer being mostly all barred offspring, but don't know if that changes w/ the boy not being pure for barred. White is a masker of color, so not sure what that means for future offspring????? How are they sizewise? What are you wanting to breed for? (specific look, color, egg color, size)

7. aoxa

Breeding for egg colour. Their mothers all laid green eggs and their father's grandmother was a purebred black Ameraucana. The breeder does this as a fun project. The father of all my chicks is 1/2 barred, and gave off 4/10 coloured chicks. That's why I wouldn't use a boy pure for barring. I want different colours. So I have 2 black girls and the one red one I showed above. With the two pea combed barred chicks.. I might wait until I see saddle feathers before doing anything rash. I think one may be female. [​IMG] Oh yes. Definite girl :gig No, but that's not the one I'm talking about. How can a 11 week old chick have wattles this big? Can you imagine full grown?! :eek:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  8. Lacey1988

Lacey1988 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    I think my lil girl tis a boy it has a really red comb and loves to bo up at things

[​IMG]

9. maralpz2006

maralpz2006 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007
    mississippi
    these are my babies,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. maralpz2006

maralpz2006 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007