Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Feb 25, 2010.

1. richsbabycakes

richsbabycakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2012
    West Central Florida
    Thank you! I have a separate coop almost ready to go and I have enough stuff laying around to make a small pen so all the girls can see each other. The big girls have free range of the backyard so I might let put them in their pen for a bit in the evenings so the babies can check everything out too. Of course I'll be supervising them.

2. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    It depends on what others in your area are charging. And it is not clear if you are selling hatching eggs or eating eggs. Unfortunatly you need to look around your area and do research. Go to the feed store and ask or look at bulletin boards. For eating eggs called farm eggs you can charge from $3 to $8. For hatching eggs folks charge more for a dozen, maybe $15 to $25 if there is tons of folks who want them. Look to see if there is a specific thread for selling eggs on BYC.
    Also look to see if there is a thread for your state and see if anyone can tell you what they charge.

3. Vamvakas

Vamvakas Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2011
    North Branford, CT
    Well, I want to sell turken eggs for hatching.. It's weird though cause when I look up on craigslist in my area people are selling Leghorn hatching eggs, RIR, somtimes Brahma's, and alot of mutts. There's also some guy selling EE chicks he hatched for $5 ea str run there not hatchery chicks but there still Easter Eggers. No one I've seen ask/sells Naked Necks but I think it's a great gamble cause not alot of people have naked necks around here. I've sold some Naked neck roosters at a local livestock auction not to long ago and got like $15 ea, most other roosters only go for $5-$10 ea but the auction burns you big time either way lol. But there has to be some kind of demand for Naked Necks.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  4. happyhens120

happyhens120 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    Central PA
    I bought two dozen NN eggs for $30 plus shipping if that helps you get an idea? That was a year ago... I don't know what they're going for now. You can always test the waters and see... if no one makes an offer then maybe lower the price a little?

5. happyhens120

happyhens120 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    Central PA
    Out of 5 NN eggs I hatched one time, 4 were roos. I was going to take them to auction but my hubs didn't think they'd do well... he thought people would think they were sick or something! lol.

6. queenchick16

queenchick16 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2012
    I bought my NN eggs on EBay . Check out that site for pricing.

7. maralpz2006

maralpz2006 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007
    mississippi
    what color you think he is gonna be (the white one)
    [​IMG]

8. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Sargent wants to know if he has a better side? This guy cracks me up! He will always stop and pose for the camera and loves his picture to be taken. He just turned 4 months old.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    Definitely his right side. He's got the Amish beard going on. :lol:

10. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    Are those grey feathers peeking out?