Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Feb 25, 2010.

1. vannaHaines

vannaHaines Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Ok, unsure. So even the downy feathers will be curled? One of them i think might have some curls, but it doesn't seem that obvious. Frizzled or not I still love them, but frizzled would be funny as heck. Did I mention my daughter named the trio Turkey, Raisin and Stuffing? LOL

2. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    LOL that's funny! A friend of my nephew's came for a visit once, he seemed to have a fun time. However when he went back home, he told his parents I shaved the necks on my chickens.....

The down is normal, the curl is on the feathers as they grow out on the body. Let's ask others for frizzle chick pictures! (I used to have them but not any more)

1 person likes this.
  3. vannaHaines

vannaHaines Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Yes! Please! Frizzled Naked Neck owners! Post pictures from baby to adult! hehe :)

4. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes they had black in their tails.The pictures that were posted on ebay were of a cuckoo/barred columbian naked neck rooster.a cuckoo naked neck rooster,and a black tailed red naked neck rooster,the hens were black tailed buff,white,black,and lemon cuckoo.
    I will post pics of all 4 of the birds from that mating.I understand what you are saying about the possibility of buff laced.I did have a buff laced polish rooster but he was never with the blue cuckoo olive egger hen and he was not a frizzle.The only frizzle was the golden laced/tolblunt split polish.And all 4 hatched from the olive green eggs.I was puzzled by this outcome. I did have a blue laced golden pullet from this mating,but it was sickly and did not make it.Here are the pics of the polish rooster and the four f1.[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Georgia Boy 1970

Male or Female?[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    My guess is female, but I am horrible at NN sexing

7. Georgia Boy 1970

Out of all the naked necks from cackle,this one has me stumped.

8. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    My guess is female

9. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    Ah yes with that info, it couldn't be buff laced roo... by the way that picture of pullet shows blue legs, usually a rather reliable sign of recessive white as dominant white tends to remove leg pigment leaving the legs either white or yellow. So it's down to a nice coincidence of both lines having recessive white...

as for the other bird, at a glance would have said cockerel due to the color however it might be a deep red based on silver pullet.

10. Georgia Boy 1970

Thanks Kev,why do you think that the brother to the pullet has white legs?I will have to check the leg color of the blue cuckoo olive egger hen.Could there also be dominant white in the line,and would that result in white birds?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by