Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Feb 25, 2010.

1. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    Kass I hardly think that you ruffled any feathers !!! In my case anyway. But it seems to me that I have seen several adverts here and one of them was a hatchery in Texas and the ad was a healiner on BYC

2. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Just wanted to post some pics of the naked necks that I hatched over the weekend from ebay eggs.The breeder has cuckoo and lemon cuckoo in his naked neck flock.Was hoping to hatch some cuckoo naked necks.Could these chicks be lemon cuckoo?[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Georgia Boy 1970

My showgirl with a completely bare neck.Was hoping that I would have one to hatch this way.Will be posting pics of my other showgirl chicks on the showgirl thread.[​IMG]

4. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    Love it!! REALLY adorable!

5. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    Awww!!

6. Georgia Boy 1970

Kev
    I forgot to add that the cuckoo frizzle rooster and the white rooster in the pics are from the same mama hen (blue cuckoo olive egger) and daddy rooster(gloden laced/tolblunt split). I have an off white frizzle pullet from the same mating.

7. Georgia Boy 1970

Lost "Big Mama Neck Neck"a week ago to stray dogs.I normally don't name chickens but she was the most gentle chicken that I have ever owned. I have a young roo from her.So maybe her gentle nature will be inherited.

8. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    It can be really hard to see the white head spot on light colored chicks but if they are cuckoo, look closely at the rear part of their caps and see if you can make out a white spot.

barred/cuckoo are very easy to make- just breed any barred bird to a solid black chicken. could use your barred olive eggers with a black NN.

did the seller's lemon cuckoos have any black in their tails?

Quote: Hm, have buff laceds or anything red/buff with white tails? Those two chicks suspiciously sound like possible dominant white, especially the pullet. It's possible to get recessive white but that's a bit of a coincidence from two totally different lines.... if these throw whites/off whites from being bred with a black(especially a white with random colored flecks or black feathers), I'd say these two had a buff laced daddy...

9. vannaHaines

vannaHaines Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Just curious, but I bought some naked necks a few weeks ago, Just few day old chicks. Supposedly some of them may be frizzled. When to the frizzled feathers start to present themselves? hehe

10. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    Congrats on your new birds! If they were frizzled,it'd be way obvious by now. The feathers show a curl to their wing feather tips before they're a week old. At several weeks old, they will have very obvious curls all over their body.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by