Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    A few pics from today

[​IMG]
    Jaxom enjoying his fermented grains

[​IMG]
    Reba bug collecting in the sunset

[​IMG]
    Mensa, you can see her pretty coloring in this shot, if not her beautiful naked neck.

[​IMG]
    Mensa in the sunset w/ her Beau Ari

[​IMG]
    JackieO

[​IMG]
    One of the hoodas

[​IMG]
    Mensa, I know it is a bit blurred but really liked this shot

[​IMG]

2. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    I love Mensa! Beautiful coloring..great shots. How fun.

3. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    Great shots!

4. Sumatra503

Sumatra503 Kozy Orchard Farms

Sep 24, 2010
    I have a little buff laced bantam pullet that I just love! Well, she's not quite a buff laced, but somewhere inbetween that and wheaten.

5. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Picture? :))

6. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    Yes, please show us pics. of any odd coloured birds.

This little girl is developing odd coloured feathers....sort of creamish blue with light brown feather edges. Feet yellowish, beak yellow with a brown spot on one side(!) and bright green eyes. What colour is she Kev? (Or anyone else who might know).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I haven't another bird with the same colouring, but the non NN cockerel on the left has a similar feather pattern, though a bluer colouring.[​IMG]

Any help with what colours will emerge in future generations would be extremely welcome.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  7. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    It seems that in a previous post we saw these birds, younger but I think they were the same. Are they ? I recall Kev wondering if they were dun .

8. Easter eggers

Easter eggers Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    Hi everybody im going to be new to this thread as of january. Im going to have some show quality white bantam turkens for my 3rd 4-H year im very exited. I do have one question though. When i order my chicks should i get a rooster? Im going to get 3. i think that a rooster will tear up the hens and make them less disirable for the show but i kinda what to breed them. Do you think a rooster will tear up the hens? thanks

9. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Congrats on getting some NN...I haven't seen the bantams. Bet they are fun..and what a fun project for your child. I am not sure about the roosters..I can't have any. :( Someone will come on and give you an idea.

10. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    Easter eggers Just like any young animal, cockerels feel a hormone surge when their bodies are changing. Most of us advise having at least 10 to 20 hens for one rooster. For your experience I would suggest that you raise your hens first and then next year, get more birds including a male. Older hens are good at teaching young males manners.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by