Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Feb 25, 2010.

1. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    Sorry to hear the bad news about your flock............BUT the pictures that you just posted are great !!

2. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    Well, this is not really Naked Neck, but genetics....almost certainly.

I noticed this guy today........wattle on the left, none on the right. Comb well developed on the left, not much on the right. Pretty sure that it's a cockerel, so this difference will probably exaggerate with time. Maybe his father was my cross NN Arian....4 toes one foot and 5 on the other! What a little flock of misfits I have.

[​IMG]

Here's the same pic darkened a bit to make the features show up a bit better.[​IMG]

3. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Wow I wonder if he is a Chimara genetically? Is the feather pattern/color differant on the two sides?

4. Lacey1988

Lacey1988 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    My big boy(he's getting so handsome lol)

[​IMG]

5. maralpz2006

maralpz2006 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007
    mississippi
    he is beautiful,what kind of comb does he have,one of my nn roo it was the same as yours

6. Lacey1988

Lacey1988 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    He has a rose comb I think

7. flower

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    Lacey nice big boy. Is he young ? PG Misfits ??? gosh but they are unique and educational. I do hope that yellow gunk on his beak is food ?

8. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    My little Misfit seems to have a regular feather pattern, Kassaundra....laced grey type......just his head and face that are odd. His behaviour is normal, no history of any illness or trauma. He was hatched around about July......one parent probably La Fl├Ęche.

[​IMG]

Flower....his beak can't decide whether to be grey or yellow....and therefore it's predominantly grey with a yellow edge. The skin on the soles of his feet are yellow, but the legs are dark grey, too. I think this relates to his basic skin colour being yellow with a pigmenting gene actin on it (Help me out here, genetics experts......)

Whatever, you don't have to be normal to live on .....few things are....even our wild owls hoot by day, and look what is in the background in this picture of Misfit....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  9. JenW

JenW Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2012
    Deer Park, TX
    [​IMG]

Anyone have an idea of what this lil girl's color will be? She looks like a cute duckling to me, completely different from her sisters! :)

10. flower

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    Jen W no idea on possible results. Some one may come up with an idea, Kassaundra pretty good at colors. It's a cutie no matter what.

Sandie how did you know that I needed a laugh, for some reason the background NN has me laughing silly. Must be all of your characters together, anyway thanks you just set off my funny bone.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by