Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Speaking of little birds...
I just moved a homely little Naked Neck (NaNa) Green-Egger guy in with my 6 Serama hens. He is leaky splash (the male equivalent of what I called 'ginger splash') and the Serama hens are wheaten and barred wheaten.
He looked tiny out on the yard, but now looks BIG compared to the Ser' girls.
The chicks will be tiny, naked neck, blue-*something*, and possibly green-eggers : )
Edit: and a few groups of eggs will be available for S&H when the Ser' girls are laying again.
Put me on the list but I only send MO directly to breeder. I do not use paypal

I don't raise bantams, but I do have NN in 3 of the recognized colors ( black,white and red )
I working on my buffs,

I like to play around with colors too, I have splash, blue and blue laced red
I'm so exited this weekend I'm having my blrnns hatch second generation
Ill post pics.

Wishing that NN club was active.
I split and order of BLR, splash, blue and black chicks from Nava. They wonderful birds, large healthy and lay well.

Hopefully I see some Chocolate NN before next year

Cause I get some from who ever has them, if not that's my next color towards the end of the year

Can you imagine a chocolate NN ?

With that dark red neck ohhhhh can't wait ......

Hello everyone!

This is my first time owning naked neck turkens. A friend sent me over here from another thread. One of my poor little turkens apparently has a ruptured air sac so hoping it resolves itself soon. I'm really looking forward to raising this new breed! Here's some pics - just picked them up today! We have 2! The first few pics are "Squeaky", the last couple are "Tango".

Hello everyone! This is my first time owning naked neck turkens. A friend sent me over here from another thread. One of my poor little turkens apparently has a ruptured air sac so hoping it resolves itself soon. I'm really looking forward to raising this new breed! Here's some pics - just picked them up today! We have 2! The first few pics are "Squeaky", the last couple are "Tango".
They are just precious!!! Why do you think one has a ruptured air sac? What are you referring to as the 'air sac'?

I noticed a big "air bubble" on the side of her neck and was so worried - asked about it on another thread with some experienced people who also have NN. A friend on there said she has had it in several chicks before, not NN, but others. It supposedly usually resolves on its own but if it gets larger, I guess I am supposed to try to release the air. Here is a link that I found with a pretty good explanation...

What kind of NN did I get? I see that there are different types of NN. They had brown ones there too but I just ended up getting these two black ones....

Also, here is a photo of my NN after getting a little washed up from her ff.

Last edited:
Hope that's just air in her (normal) crop also. I'd be worried about letting that chick be too wet for too long or often.

I used to keep pigeons, sometimes there would be a newborn with crops full of air. as far as I can recall, they grew up fine.

Back
Top Bottom