Naked Neck/Turken Thread

i have him with a oegb hen and two serama hens will see what they produce i do like his color and his tail is nice aswell the person that sold him to me does have hens but wont sell at the moment because they have chicks and will let me know when he does sell

Excellent, hope you will post pictures of the resulting babies and when they grow up too. Same goes for you Lisa with your NN x seramas!

Some photos of chicks enjoying the good weather!

BB baby sitting 10 day old EE. BB stays in the brooder at night with the babies to keep warm.

Buzzie

BB (Bare Bottom)

Needs a Home male

Hope that's just air in her (normal) crop also. I'd be worried about letting that chick be too wet for too long or often.

I used to keep pigeons, sometimes there would be a newborn with crops full of air. as far as I can recall, they grew up fine.

Could that just be her crop? Never seen that before. I'm also in northern az
I was told that she has a ruptured air sac and as long as it doesn't grow bigger, it should resolve on it's own. Other than that, she's very happy, healthy, active, eating and drinking and pooping fine. She was only wet for a few seconds while I snapped pics of her to find out what was wrong. Then she immediately got into a warm towel and under the heat lamp. I found out I had two other chicks with it too but would never have noticed it because of their feathers. I checked them all after I saw this one. It can be caused by trauma so maybe they got trampled in transit to the feed store?? Who knows??

Easter Eggers - have you been over to the AZ thread? You need to come join me as I'm the only one on there as of late that is not down south - lol. I am in Chino.

I was told that she has a ruptured air sac and as long as it doesn't grow bigger, it should resolve on it's own. Other than that, she's very happy, healthy, active, eating and drinking and pooping fine. She was only wet for a few seconds while I snapped pics of her to find out what was wrong. Then she immediately got into a warm towel and under the heat lamp. I found out I had two other chicks with it too but would never have noticed it because of their feathers. I checked them all after I saw this one. It can be caused by trauma so maybe they got trampled in transit to the feed store?? Who knows??

Easter Eggers - have you been over to the AZ thread? You need to come join me as I'm the only one on there as of late that is not down south - lol. I am in Chino.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/282716/just-hatched-chick-with-big-bubble-on-neck

Here is a thread with a chick with very similar issues. I went searching when I had a chick like this. Ruptured air sack is what everything pointed to. Air in crop could be possible as well. Either way I think she will be fine. Very cute chick :)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/282716/just-hatched-chick-with-big-bubble-on-neck

Here is a thread with a chick with very similar issues. I went searching when I had a chick like this. Ruptured air sack is what everything pointed to. Air in crop could be possible as well. Either way I think she will be fine. Very cute chick :)
Thanks soooo much for all your help aoxa! This morning it was way down but when I just checked her this evening, it is back up - I don't think it's bigger but it does seem to fluctuate. I hope she will be fine because I already am in love with her!

opened the pic to maximum size it looks more like a normal crop with some food at bottom. would not worry if it comes and goes or doesn't spread to obvious non-crop areas like over the wing or under the wing then it could be ruptured air sac.

when it starts drinking watch it and see if the crop swells like that again.

Last edited:
The crops are SO obvious in NNs which comes as a bit of a surprise when you are not used to it being so visible in fully feathered birds. Kev is usually right!

Reminds me of when I took a NN roo (no bow tie) to the vet quite a while back. A lady came over and asked me if he might have mange 'causing his feather loss'....tee hee. She had never heard of NNs, but was very taken by his friendly nature, though she wasn't so sure of his purple/red face, neck and shoulders (or the fact that he decided to crow loudly whilst sitting on my knee!)

Back
Top Bottom