Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Just had the new renters watch some chicks hatch.  One of the NNs hatched!  And one little kid yelled, "Oh no!  What is that!?  What happened!??"  hahaha!  Later today, I will show him momma chicken.  I am so excited.  Hatched 7/11 Seramas eggs for a friend and so far 6 of my 27 eggs have hatched.  All different breeds, same rooster!  Day 21 officially doesn't even start until about 5 this afternoon, so hoping for lots more!  Two NN's so far!

:woot Go babies go!

Wanted everyone to see Ed now that he has been here almost 6 weeks, He is fitting in much better even though Rufus the bantam/game still likes to give him a hard time it's not as bad. He is so tall and gentle. LOL Makes my LF hens look small.

woot.gif
Go babies go!
As of this morning I am up to 19 of my own chicks! And more hatching! My friend came yesterday and got the 7 Seramas I hatched for her. So far, 4 are NNs! There were 10 different breeds in the bator all with the same rooster. (So fun mixes) He was only 19 weeks old! He carried the blue egg gene. We rehomed him because of the renters. (Too much crowing, too much 'activity' in front of the renters, and my husband didn't like that he was messing with the ducks, too). But, he sure did a good job!

Wanted everyone to see Ed now that he has been here almost 6 weeks, He is fitting in much better even though Rufus the bantam/game still likes to give him a hard time it's not as bad. He is so tall and gentle. LOL Makes my LF hens look small.
Glad things are better for him now.

As of this morning I am up to 19 of my own chicks! And more hatching! My friend came yesterday and got the 7 Seramas I hatched for her. So far, 4 are NNs! There were 10 different breeds in the bator all with the same rooster. (So fun mixes) He was only 19 weeks old! He carried the blue egg gene. We rehomed him because of the renters. (Too much crowing, too much 'activity' in front of the renters, and my husband didn't like that he was messing with the ducks, too). But, he sure did a good job!
Congrats on a great hatch, look forward to pics.
pop.gif

He is a gorgeous boy! I am glad you got him and things are going better for him!

Finally got updated pics of my flock. Terrible quality thanks to a crappy iPod camera but better than nothing.
Winston:

His brother Herman (the black NN chick that was my "fabulous" avatar for a long time) was one of the 7 that died suddenly in the coop mysteriously the other night. Go figure, Herman was the friendliest. :(
Also lost 2 red/buff NN girls. These are their siblings.
Scarlett (still not sure of Scarlett's gender):

Archibald:

Dat neck :lol:

Rusty (Love this guy's color! Pardon the poop board.):

Back
Top Bottom