Naked Neck/Turken Thread

I know I am popping in here and completely disrupting the current conversation.
roll.png
But, I wanted to come in and show off my newest NN-Turken. :D I was wondering what everyone thought of her, She is the first NN I have seen of this coloring. I am not entirely sure what her coloring is, She sort of comes off as Gold Penciled, But she has some white feathers under her wings that you can only see if the wing is held out or she flaps them. So, I am not sure.. ? She is 8 weeks old.

She is beautiful

roll.png
But, I wanted to come in and show off my newest NN-Turken. :D I was wondering what everyone thought of her, She is the first NN I have seen of this coloring. I am not entirely sure what her coloring is, She sort of comes off as Gold Penciled, But she has some white feathers under her wings that you can only see if the wing is held out or she flaps them. So, I am not sure.. ? She is 8 weeks old.

She's gorgeous! On my screen she looks more laced rather than penciling, in any case she is beautiful!

roll.png

I think one of mine is going to end up looking a lot like this one. It has patterning on it and it has turned from black to this color.

Thank you everyone. :D I have been told she is partridge? (I obviously do not know a lot about coloring yet, LOL.)

Quote: Here are a few baby pictures for you. :)

She is beautiful.

If the other chick is related to her, then yes she is "partridge".. bit of a general term though, as it sort of means a couple different things genetically...

The reason for asking if the other chick is related is because if the answer is yes, then she is probably a result of cross or mix with a gold laced bird.

Gold and silver lacing is kinda complex genetically as in they need to be pure for several genes to have a single lace around the feather like on sebrights, wyandottes.

Cross/mix laced with non- laced and you will see all sorts of interesting patterns, such as partridge looking(like your bird), pencilling, spangling, double laced and so on. It's because those different patterns share some of the same genes in common, just in different combinations.

If you are thinking of breeding, most likely could create a gold laced line from her. I need to refresh memory if true breeding pencilled is possible from her...

In any case, glad you're enjoying your beautiful bird!

No relation. :) The GLW is from a completely different hatch set. I have these two and a Dominique so I have all sorts of patterns going on, But non are related. Would be fun to do some breeding out of them, though!

Hello fellow naked lovers.

I want to show you some pics

This blue NN pullet has The most AWESOME color

And this is my future BLRNN breeder For next spring

Hello fellow naked lovers.

I want to show you some pics

This blue NN pullet has The most AWESOME color

And this is my future BLRNN breeder For next spring

I like that blue. I am so into the NN's now. 3 years ago, not so much but after having them around I am now in love with them. I can't imagine life without NN's in it.

Back
Top Bottom