Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Trying to figure out where her coloring came from, breed maybe? Daddy is a white NN and Mom I suspect is a Black NN, Dad's a cross with Breese I believe, have no clue about the black NN. The closest picture I can come up with on the web is a guinea and a Naked Neck.View attachment 2043780View attachment 2043781View attachment 2043783
Very pretty bird, how old? The feathering looks juvenile, I wonder if she will develop into a different color as adult feathering comes in. Black and White can cover just about anything. It looks like there's some kind of a diluter in there, I don't remember enough genetics to say what, but the color reminds me of Dun.

Very pretty bird, how old? The feathering looks juvenile, I wonder if she will develop into a different color as adult feathering comes in. Black and White can cover just about anything. It looks like there's some kind of a diluter in there, I don't remember enough genetics to say what, but the color reminds me of Dun.
She's maybe 2 months old. I keep them in their grow out till they are at least the size of my smallest hen. She's just got strange feathering compared to the actual NN's that I have.

well here we go again... had necked necks running around in the incubator this morning, only problem??? wrong incubator! we didn't realize those eggs were set to hatch Today and so they were running around in the bottom of the cabinet incubator. :barnie
managed to wrangle them into a different one till they are ready to go into the brooder but whew what a rush! we mislabeled the eggs so they were marked 3-3 but when we candled to go into lockdown they didn't look far enough along so we left them thinking we for got a 1 and it was really 3-13??? nope 3-7 what the!!!:th
so far we had 2 black necked necks and 2 blond with chipmunk stripes when I left for work. managed to fit the rest of the eggs from that batch into the nr360 with the duck eggs that were due yesterday. evidently nothing wants to hatch on time here

well here we go again... had necked necks running around in the incubator this morning, only problem??? wrong incubator! we didn't realize those eggs were set to hatch Today and so they were running around in the bottom of the cabinet incubator. :barnie
managed to wrangle them into a different one till they are ready to go into the brooder but whew what a rush! we mislabeled the eggs so they were marked 3-3 but when we candled to go into lockdown they didn't look far enough along so we left them thinking we for got a 1 and it was really 3-13??? nope 3-7 what the!!!:th
so far we had 2 black necked necks and 2 blond with chipmunk stripes when I left for work. managed to fit the rest of the eggs from that batch into the nr360 with the duck eggs that were due yesterday. evidently nothing wants to hatch on time here
:gig Oopsie!

20200308_064636.jpg
hached a dozen chicks this weekend 4 full feather blacks, 6 black Nn and 2 lighter nn! Oh and some ducks

Back
Top Bottom