Naked Neck/Turken Thread

The one pullet looks to me as if she might have both cuckoo barring and lacing. Little confused about that one.
20200521_175037.jpg
looks similar to this gal(sorry I dont have a great pic of her feather pattern I was amused with her babies)... she is a dark cornish crossed with a cuckoo marans. Her offspring sometimes have similar lacing amongst the cuckoo barred

View attachment 2157221looks similar to this gal(sorry I dont have a great pic of her feather pattern I was amused with her babies)... she is a dark cornish crossed with a cuckoo marans. Her offspring sometimes have similar lacing amongst the cuckoo barred
Perfect broody mama picture, really LOL. Right now I'm hoping one of the five chicks turns out to be a cockerel, so I have a male to breed with them, otherwise, they are all one copy NN so ratio of NN to normal will be a little less than I'd wish for, but I'll have to hatch one if one of these doesn't turn out I guess. I am just so happy to have them, and happy about the way they are settling in so quickly.

I think these were out of a black australorp hen. I think daddy is a really a splash. We put him over the black hens to test my theory.... 3 blue nn babies I think he is a keeper. I also love the way his breast muscles feel. He would make a fine table bird if I could bring myself to butcher him. But he makes a better breeder to make more blue nn..... I love the blue color and on a Nn? Wow
I have a little blue one it’s 4 weeks old. Hopefully a roo. I want to put him with my silkies to work towards showgirls.
651F0B53-6F64-454D-9F1B-C7125A74DA72.jpeg

I think these were out of a black australorp hen. I think daddy is a really a splash. We put him over the black hens to test my theory.... 3 blue nn babies I think he is a keeper. I also love the way his breast muscles feel. He would make a fine table bird if I could bring myself to butcher him. But he makes a better breeder to make more blue nn..... I love the blue color and on a Nn? Wow
A favorite of mine as well, so beautiful in the sun!

But they handle our heat here so much better.
That's so important! My husband thinks my NN is ugly or funny looking. I think it's beautiful with a personality to match - not shy, will let me pick her up sometimes, eats out of my hand, and seems to get along with almost all the others. "She" may be a rooster - not sure since I don't have anyone to compare her to.

Here's my one NN chick - just over 9 weeks old - taking her/his first free range stroll (outside of chicken tractor) this morning in the chicken yard. Can anyone give me your best guess if it's a roo or hen? I don't have anyone to compare it too, the rest of flock is not NN & never had a NN before. Thanks for your help!
20200603_061849.jpg20200603_055926.jpg

Here's my one NN chick - just over 9 weeks old - taking her/his first free range stroll (outside of chicken tractor) this morning in the chicken yard. Can anyone give me your best guess if it's a roo or hen? I don't have anyone to compare it too, the rest of flock is not NN & never had a NN before. Thanks for your help!
View attachment 2174760View attachment 2174762
I believe that is a rooster. It’s comb and wattles are awfully red and big.

View attachment 2174760View attachment 2174762
You have a roo there for sure. Nice looking guy!

Back
Top Bottom