Naked Neck/Turken Thread

I'm hoping that the 2 White Rock's that I got from you won't go broody after they start laying egg's.

@DrumstickRanchTex I have NN's that lay green egg's, from breeding a blue egg laying Crested Cream Legbar hen to a Naked Neck Rooster. The result was a bigger sized egg than what the mother laid.
I would expect that they are better layers than meat birds. I had barred rocks before, these seem bigger but maybe it is just because they are white. Barred rocks didn't go broody for me, it was years ago. The Orpingtons were by the most broody birds I have ever had.

I would expect that they are better layers than meat birds. I had barred rocks before, these seem bigger but maybe it is just because they are white. Barred rocks didn't go broody for me, it was years ago. The Orpingtons were by the most broody birds I have ever had.

I've had my fill of broodies this past summer, between the 2 Blue Double Laced Barnevelder's, and a few of my NN's. I plan on eventually having 2 flock's of the NN's-- one for the egg laying abilities and one for the meatbird's.

I've had my fill of broodies this past summer, between the 2 Blue Double Laced Barnevelder's, and a few of my NN's. I plan on eventually having 2 flock's of the NN's-- one for the egg laying abilities and one for the meatbird's.
Does not hurt for the meat birds' moms to lay lots! Most meat birds seem to be some sort of cross.

Back
Top Bottom