Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Thanks. The 4Her I got him from got him from a Shiptons. Interestingly enough, they said he was a reddish buff colored chick. Same as the top Pulley was a chick, and the same down color as my other buff male and his buff brother were. That chick down hides a lot of colors apparently. He's a sweetheart for a male though. He had to live in their basement since they weren't supposed to have males so he was happy to have a stall to himself for quarentine. Can't wait until spring when I can move my naked neck group (and my calico cause she's big enough to support the Males). I'm sure seeing grass and getting to be with other birds will make him even happier.

Thanks. The 4Her I got him from got him from a Shiptons. Interestingly enough, they said he was a reddish buff colored chick. Same as the top Pulley was a chick, and the same down color as my other buff male and his buff brother were. That chick down hides a lot of colors apparently. He's a sweetheart for a male though. He had to live in their basement since they weren't supposed to have males so he was happy to have a stall to himself for quarentine. Can't wait until spring when I can move my naked neck group (and my calico cause she's big enough to support the Males). I'm sure seeing grass and getting to be with other birds will make him even happier.
Oh I’ll bet it will! He’s a lucky guy to get out of the basement but that was sweet the folks didn’t just toss him in a pot.

Rooster. He’s about 3.5 months old and the big girls scare him.
0055E458-FF5B-4E38-BDCF-159750620DA3.jpeg

Oh I’ll bet it will! He’s a lucky guy to get out of the basement but that was sweet the folks didn’t just toss him in a pot.
They had gotten then for fair and he was their kids favorite. Lucky everyone he didn't go in the pot. That was his fate though after fair if I hadn't gotten him

I’m curious. For those with Turkens from crackle, do they all lay brown eggs? Or is it possible to get other egg colors from their stock?
My girls are only 11wks so I still have a ways to go before I get eggs from them.

I’m curious. For those with Turkens from crackle, do they all lay brown eggs? Or is it possible to get other egg colors from their stock?
My girls are only 11wks so I still have a ways to go before I get eggs from them.
I know someone who got Nn chicks from cackle and they’re all brown egg layers. Different shades of brown, but all brown.

I know someone who got Nn chicks from cackle and they’re all brown egg layers. Different shades of brown, but all brown.
Thanks:) That’s what I’m expecting since I think they were listed under brown layers. I was just wondering if other colors were possible because I’ve seen here that people are getting other colors from their NN.

Back
Top Bottom