Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Here are the NNs I got from @City farm
3 eggs from the 3 of them today. They are in quarantine right now. Their eggs are as large as the duck eggs.

Attachments

• IMG_5355.JPG
    IMG_5355.JPG
    637.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5357.JPG
    IMG_5357.JPG
    450.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5348.JPG
    IMG_5348.JPG
    512.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5358.JPG
    IMG_5358.JPG
    617.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5359.JPG
    IMG_5359.JPG
    484.5 KB · Views: 9
Here are the NNs I got from @City farm
3 eggs from the 3 of them today. They are in quarantine right now. Their eggs are as large as the duck eggs.

Does that mean that now I have to make some more of them? :gig

There's someone that's trying to twist my arm to hatch out some more Aloha egg's, but I would have to go to Mesa to get them. They also might have some Aloha NN's to help me get started with that project.

Does that mean that now I have to make some more of them? :gig

There's someone that's trying to twist my arm to hatch out some more Aloha egg's, but I would have to go to Mesa to get them. They also might have some Aloha NN's to help me get started with that project.
I am not particular about feather color or neck feathering, I like nice big pretty eggs and tasty cockerels. These suit me fine.

Hello, excited for you to hatch your green layers! Hope you can post your progress because you have the genes you need for success and it’s absolutely worthwhile to make Naked Neck/Easter Egger crosses. I’m hoping that chickens with one or two copies of the naked neck gene may show some resistance to Marek’s disease! I have the Marek’s vaccine in my fridge, but wouldn’t it be better to just breed resistant chickens? Good luck :fl
And the naked neck gene is dominant so what you see is what you get. 😍

https://www.researchgate.net/public..._temperature_II_Blood_parameters_and_immunity
I have my first hatch from my NN rooster and EE females😁
I have a couple others, but I lost track during hatching and don’t know who’s all who🤦‍♀️ These two I know are from EE eggs.
fully feathered
3EA4FDA5-EBA3-475F-BC33-97DD7D58967C.png

And naked neck
B1FD211F-0898-4009-B3B2-1EDDED4427F8.jpeg

I’ll have to get some updated pictures soon. They are just over a week old now.

I have my first hatch from my NN rooster and EE females😁
I have a couple others, but I lost track during hatching and don’t know who’s all who🤦‍♀️ These two I know are from EE eggs.
fully feathered View attachment 2553644
And naked neckView attachment 2553645
I’ll have to get some updated pictures soon. They are just over a week old now.
How sweet! My guesses:

Chick #1: pullet, inherited one copy pea comb, na/na, muffs and beard, one copy blue egg gene. Will lay green eggs.

Chick #2: pullet, inherited one copy pea comb, Na/na, muffs and beard, one copy blue egg gene. Will lay green eggs.

Disclaimer! That’s just what they look like to me 🥰

@My2butterflies The one that has the NN bib look's almost like it has cat whisker's on it. Congrats on your hatch!
Haha, it does. 😆
How sweet! My guesses:

Chick #1: pullet, inherited one copy pea comb, na/na, muffs and beard, one copy blue egg gene. Will lay green eggs.

Chick #2: pullet, inherited one copy pea comb, Na/na, muffs and beard, one copy blue egg gene. Will lay green eggs.

Disclaimer! That’s just what they look like to me 🥰
Those sound like good guesses to me!
Looking at the group I think I have 3-4 cockerels out of the 16. Not bad I don’t think if that’s how it turns out.

Back
Top Bottom