Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Are you going to try to get those green egg laying NN's too from those?
I have a big (almost 12 lbs) old ee roo who has blessed me with tons of daughters that lay green and blue. Honestly, I just bought more naked necks because I felt sorry for them.
I bought the 2 legbars because I lost my two a couple of years ago and they were so sweet.
I'm hoping to hatch out some crele brahmas ( I found a source of eggs within driving distance) and keep a rooster or two to breed with the naked neck girls.

I'll get better pics tomorrow
20210304_204053.jpg
20210304_204130.jpg
20210304_204147.jpg
20210304_204329.jpg
20210304_150851.jpg
20210304_204258.jpg
20210304_204202.jpg
20210304_204114.jpg

Nice of you to rescue them! I'm looking for some more of the buff colored one's that have a black tail and yellow leg's.
The girls I got from ideal are pretty and one of them is buff with a black tail but both have greenish legs.
I hope these new girls are as sweet and friendly.

@BlueBaby these are all supposed to be pullets but I noticed the 1st one pictured has a noticeable comb already. What do you think?

Just watch how it get's in a couple more week's along with how the feet and leg's grow. Also watch to see how he or she stand's (if cocky like or not).

Just watch how it get's in a couple more week's along with how the feet and leg's grow. Also watch to see how he or she stand's (if cocky like or not).
I told my husband when I came home with them, that I was going to find homes for half of them. Lol. I've already started naming them so he better be a she.

I went to Tractor Supply today. There was a brooder (one of those new stacking ones) that had 6 nn in it. They had pasty butt. Two were down and looked pitiful. I hadn't planned on getting chicks this spring but I felt so bad for them. I brought them home & Cleaned them up. It was so bad that I had to trim the butt fluff off some of them. Anyway, after some electrolytes and heat (mhp) all seem ok. I'm hoping they all make it. I bought two CCLB too. I thought I might as well.
Excellent! Usually I don’t bring home sickly chicks but these are NN and if they don’t improve, I would be curious why.

My TSC had some of those new brooders overloaded with screaming white leghorns. I put my hand up and it seemed too cold. Walked out with only my feed
DB4FA11F-28B4-4C79-B4F0-1582F813A201.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom