Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Got 2 of my NN eggs to hatch, but I'm really confused now. Wouldn't NN x nn just make Nn?

I have one that hatched from that pairing and it looks like it doesn't have a naked neck
View attachment 2663235

in theory yes. also in theory Nn x Nn would make 25% nn only. I had hatched 10 eggs laid by the same hen in a row and got 1 NN, 3 Nn and 6 nn.

Okay. I figured out what probably happened.

We were trying to figure this out still, and my mom just mentioned that my NN male kicked the door open again to the pen back before I gathered eggs (thinking that might be part if why he lost his toes) and my extra Phoenix male was chilling out with the ladies.

I know that he definitely breeds them when I let them out (started to let them out after I had grabbed the eggs since I wasn't collecting for hatching anymore and it didn't matter as much who was breeding.

And since my girl that laid the egg is nn, she obviously wouldn't throw any naked neck chicks when paired with my Phoenix male.

Dang, and I was really wanting one from her and my NN male

Okay. I figured out what probably happened.

We were trying to figure this out still, and my mom just mentioned that my NN male kicked the door open again to the pen back before I gathered eggs (thinking that might be part if why he lost his toes) and my extra Phoenix male was chilling out with the ladies.

I know that he definitely breeds them when I let them out (started to let them out after I had grabbed the eggs since I wasn't collecting for hatching anymore and it didn't matter as much who was breeding.

And since my girl that laid the egg is nn, she obviously wouldn't throw any naked neck chicks when paired with my Phoenix male.

Dang, and I was really wanting one from her and my NN male

I'm glad that you got that one figured out. If you want a naked neck chick from that girl and the NN rooster, then don't allow the Phoenix near her.

I'm glad that you got that one figured out. If you want a naked neck chick from that girl and the NN rooster, then don't allow the Phoenix near her.
Yeah. I have way, way too many chicks now to think about loading the incubator again (well, I think about it and then have to say no). But if this little mix is a female, her, her half sister and mama are all going to be in that NN pen next spring to get me some size on this flock

Welp, it's official. Pugsly (My last remaining little bantam NN) has to be put down. She developed awful scissorbeak on her top beak, and it's only a matter of time before she cant close her mouth enough to swallow or keep her tongue from drying out. We're waiting as long as we can (we have some Cochin bantams we're growing out too for processing and would rather do all 3 at the same time if possible) but it's been like a month, maybe less and it's already really bad.

Stinks, I got really attached when it got to be safe expecting her to make it through the night. She outlived all 10 of her siblings that came with her, only to have this happen

Welp, it's official. Pugsly (My last remaining little bantam NN) has to be put down. She developed awful scissorbeak on her top beak, and it's only a matter of time before she cant close her mouth enough to swallow or keep her tongue from drying out. We're waiting as long as we can (we have some Cochin bantams we're growing out too for processing and would rather do all 3 at the same time if possible) but it's been like a month, maybe less and it's already really bad.

Stinks, I got really attached when it got to be safe expecting her to make it through the night. She outlived all 10 of her siblings that came with her, only to have this happen

It's always to loose one that you have become attached to, and I'm sorry that has happened to Pugsly.

Back
Top Bottom