Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Welp, it's official. Pugsly (My last remaining little bantam NN) has to be put down. She developed awful scissorbeak on her top beak, and it's only a matter of time before she cant close her mouth enough to swallow or keep her tongue from drying out. We're waiting as long as we can (we have some Cochin bantams we're growing out too for processing and would rather do all 3 at the same time if possible) but it's been like a month, maybe less and it's already really bad.

Stinks, I got really attached when it got to be safe expecting her to make it through the night. She outlived all 10 of her siblings that came with her, only to have this happen
Sorry to hear that

Out of the 4 eggs I set, I got 3 NA and my little imposter. 2 blackish and one chipmunk. The chipmunk next to the sleeping black one is the impostor
20210517_125821.jpg
20210517_125712.jpg
20210517_125709.jpg

It will be interesting to see how the Phoenix cross turns out.
I'm expecting large (already as big as the chicks that are over a week and he hatched about 6 days ago, so a few days difference, but still a big one). He might keep the Phoenix pattern, but it's a different shade than I'm used to. Bit his mom is a Calico Princess, so who knows what she passed down. Last chick she had she passed down her giant comb, giant size and a black gene, which made blue when I crossed to my blue rooster by accident.

The 2 NN/Aloha chick's in my brooder that hatched on May 10th seem to be doing well. I have 5 more of that girl's egg's in my incubator that are due to hatch on June 5th. I have a split hatch going on that incudes hatching egg's that I got from a couple other Arizona people that have been working with the Aloha's also. That way I will have more genetics to work with that won't be too closely related in going forward with my project.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom