Naked Neck/Turken Thread

The crest on silkies and polish bother me. They are so cute, but I feel like it's cruel to intentionally chickens that can't see! On the other hand, if someone gave me a showgirl or a stripper rooster, I'm sure I'd be in love!
I have to say, I have legbars, and I love them. They have perfect crests, but the comb over the eye thing bothers me.

The crest on silkies and polish bother me. They are so cute, but I feel like it's cruel to intentionally chickens that can't see! On the other hand, if someone gave me a showgirl or a stripper rooster, I'm sure I'd be in love!

Yes, exactly! I also just really like seeing my birds faces, and, using the Silkies as an example, some of them have such beautiful brown eyes, but you can't see them because their crest is in the way all the time.

I will admit, though, the naked neck helps on the showgirls. 🤭 I guess I just have really weird tastes when it comes to chickens!

I have to say, I have legbars, and I love them. They have perfect crests, but the comb over the eye thing bothers me.

I have a Legbar as well and she's the same! I'm fine with Legbar crests and I love the spiked crests like what Spitzhaubens have, but I agree on floppy combs that cover half the face. Basically I don't like anything that gets between me and their sweet faces. :love

different people, different tastes... I plan to cross greek crested landrace chicken with NNs. I have to have a crested naked neck chickens, lol. I saw a pic of them and fell in love. they will have a crest like legbars.

F1B2EDE8-B96E-4829-8FE7-BA75795EA82A.jpeg
What do you think , she or he is 4 months , i was thinking it was a rooster but now im wondering

Back
Top Bottom