Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Hey guys just wanted to post some pics of my naked necks.Pic #1 is 3 chicks that I hatched from Dipsy Doodle Doo,not the best pic in the world but I don't claim to be a photographer.Two are splash,and one of those is a frizzle. The darker chick is dark skinned(melanotic).
Pic#2 is my black turken hen she is being mated to my frizzled golden laced/tolblunt cross polish,to produce my first generation in my naked neck polish project. I saved her from being chicken dinner,her former owner said she was not laying and was about to be dinner. I bought her and brought her home. That day she laid an egg and has been laying since,sometimes every day or sometimes every other day.I have her eggs in the incubator now.
Pic#3 is my 2 naked neck roosters,I believe they are crosses because of the combs.They get along so good together. They are being mated to my buff laced polish hen and my red crested red polish hen. Also part of my naked neck polish project.
Hope you enjoyed the pics it was my first time posting pics.

Georgia Boy in your third picture the white rooster with the black tail looks to have a buttercup comb but what about the bird on the right ? I can't tell about him.

I learned a helpful fact on the SILKIE MIXES thread. The chicks from black skinned roosters mixed with light skinned result in black skinned females and lighter skinned males. The chicks from light skinned rooster and black skinned hens have the opposite, black skinned males and lighter skinned females. This is very helpful in a F1 flock. Lisa I bet you knew this already but did not tell those of us.................
wink.png

Flower
Today when I was trying to take some pics I was thinking the same thing about his comb.I don't know much about their breeding.I posted a wanted to buy ad on craigslist and this guy called, priced them, and offered to bring them to me.All I had to was drive to the end of my road to look at them.Thanks for the info.on the dark skin.I have baby naked necks coming from cackle at the end of the month and would love to add the dark skin to all colors of naked necks.

Nothing really ever is my fault.....certainly not the number of chickens I have .....I claim not to be able to count them (so I can say "I'm sure I don't have THAT many'), I didn't buy the eggs (and I couldn't possibly not try to hatch eggs that our daughter has spent my hard earned cash on, could I?), and I say I can't sex them (so have 6 roosters......I think I've told hubby 4.........), I say that we don't have too many eggs (though my fridge is full).

I think I am in chook denial.....not a bad place to be.

Keep the chick pics. coming folks....maybe I'll have some to add myself if the prolonged journey in the post, dirty eggs the wrong way round which had been bashed and which came off eBay (how many negative factors can you pile into one sentence?) ever hatch.

Look after those Naked Necks.....
Please I have around 70 chickens currently and two incubators going at my kids school. Plus I have a turkey, some ducks, 3 dogs, a couple cats, lizard, fish, guinea pig and whatever else my kids catch for the day. I am moving in with my boyfriend and he has 2 hybride wolf dogs. He took me to get three more chickens for mother's day. You are in the right place if your crazy for chickens this is the right place to be. By the way half of my chickens are serama's and they are tiny so I can have twice as many (or that's how I justify it in my brain).
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
woot.gif

Georgia Boy in your third picture the white rooster with the black tail looks to have a buttercup comb but what about the bird on the right ? I can't tell about him.

I learned a helpful fact on the SILKIE MIXES thread. The chicks from black skinned roosters mixed with light skinned result in black skinned females and lighter skinned males. The chicks from light skinned rooster and black skinned hens have the opposite, black skinned males and lighter skinned females. This is very helpful in a F1 flock. Lisa I bet you knew this already but did not tell those of us.................
wink.png

LOL...Well I have read that but I did get a surprise boy. When I first started, I only had light skinned turken girls. No turken boys at that point. I had a broody hatch out a dark skinned boy and I could never figure that out. His sister also was dark skinned. So the rooster had to be a silkie in order to get the dark skin since I only had light skinned girls at the time. So, I had read that you could sex link the F1's by the girls being dark skinned and boys being light this way but I sure got a surprise when he started to crow! LOL So in my experience, I do not know if that is a 100% thing to go by. I have learned to wait a bit now to be sure and so far only that one boy popped out dark skinned from this type of breeding but it sure has put doubt in my mind!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom