Name all the 5 toed breeds you can think of-please??

He hasa pea comb, so he copuld be crossed with any pea comb breed. Yes, that includes ameraucanas, which would make him an EE
barnie.gif

Few if any leg feathers, so he is not a first generation cross, and/or the cross is to houdan or dorking.

Quote:
This is where the problem lies... I dont know anything about dorkings or Houdans? not one thing-so Im glad he is not part of them! I guess we will just have to see--I have to wait 3 weeks till my hens have gotten all the polish sperm out of them-then maybe if I can talk the DH into it turn that stupid bator on to hatch of few of the eggs he has fertilized??? He is mating the BO's RIR's the other hens are not getting mated at all! My one Ameracauna is in moult...the other is not putting eggs out yet..and my EE's arent at POL yet either...Maybe I should wait until they are all doing their part and then hatch out a mixed batch to what I get???

Quote:
good grief you people are giving me mini palpatations! haha let me look up what the heck a dorking looks like-

I'd say he is a favorelle cross. If he was a houdan cross, there would be some crest feathers somewhere and I would have my doubts on the pea comb. It does have a bit of dorking look to the body but I don't think so. I would say a favorelle mixed with something but not anything that has been mentioned so far.

Quote:
I hatched him from eggs from a former BYCer-They dont live where they used to and cant contact them :-( He's almost 6 months old...

I have a younger cross that looks just like your rooster. His mother is a Faverolle and his father is an EE. He also has peach/white legs and a pea comb.

643122117_MeGnC-M.jpg

That's a bad picture of him. As he's getting his adult feathers, his coloring is more clearly sectioned like your roo is. He also has five toes, 4th and 5th toes are very close together on one foot and fused on the other foot!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom