Name all the 5 toed breeds you can think of-please??

Quote:
I hatched him from eggs from a former BYCer-They dont live where they used to and cant contact them :-( He's almost 6 months old...

lol! ok then, what was he supposed to be?

Quote:
I hatched him from eggs from a former BYCer-They dont live where they used to and cant contact them :-( He's almost 6 months old...

Actually I dont care what he is as long as he produces pullets that lay colored eggs! what do you think?

Quote:
fl.gif
ahh I wont know on this guy for a loong time...anybody want free hatching eggs??? to try and get pullets to try and see if they lay colored eggs-you know 7-8 months worth of work?

I don't know if he will lay colored eggs because of the white legs...? But he does have a pea comb. I was wondering the same thing about my EE/SF rooster.

Leg colour won't affect the egg colour.
One would expect the bird to have white legs if a willow legged female was crossed with a white legged male. Or, since he is a male, he would still be white legged from the reciprocal cross.
A pea comb is not definitive regarding blue/green egg colour, it only a possible indicator if a parent is known to be an EE.​

Quote:
Leg colour won't affect the egg colour.
One would expect the bird to have white legs if a willow legged female was crossed with a white legged male. Or, since he is a male, he would still be white legged from the reciprocal cross.
A pea comb is not definitive regarding blue/green egg colour, it only a possible indicator if a parent is known to be an EE.

There were def. no EE's in the chickens that I got the eggs from-but There were Amaracaunas?

There were def. no EE's in the chickens that I got the eggs from-but There were Amaracaunas?

Ameraucana would be a likely candidate. Were there any other pea combed breeds there & were there any faverolles?​

The way to know if he carries the blue egg gene is to mate him to a hen who does NOT lay a blue egg, then when the chicks mature, half or all should lay a blue egg if he has the gene.

Like the suspense?

Quote:

Actually I dont care what he is as long as he produces pullets that lay colored eggs! what do you think?

I'm just wondering what he was sold to you as? And do you know the other breeds in the flock he came from? Can you tell from the sellers old postings perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom