Name that Duck.

gabrielle1976

Crowing
10 Years
Feb 21, 2009
Columbia river gorge
My son's preschool class went to a farm to day and saw a rooster sheep goats minature horses and a lopp bunny , there was allso three ducks there I love these ducks and dont remmber what she said they were. ( ever tried wrangling 15 3 and 4 year olds in a barn full of animals) ..
They were pretty good sized, all white orange beaks and feet the male had a little curl of feather on his tail the lady said thats how you could tell he was a boy and he didnt quack.

Any Ideas.?

10112_char.jpg

I hope this helps. This is Mable and Charlie. They are Pekins. Charlie has a flip in a couple of his tail feathers that is how we know he is a Drake.

But it was so cool, when we went to go get Mable she was a baby. I told the guy I wanted a girl, so he sexed her by her quack!!! I don't know how he knew the difference because they were so young. But he did it...he even gaurenteed that she was a girl...he said if she not a girl bring her back and I will get you a new one...Nevertheless she was a girl....Good Job Guy!!

I hope that one day I'm that good!

Oohh thank you for yorue quick responses .. thats exactly what they looked like.. I thought they were so cute and they seemed pretty mellow I mean she had to catch them of course but they didnt make it to hard on her and when we were done they got down and left but they didnt run away in fear it was more like they were waddleing away fluffing a bit talking to eatch other like ... "can you bealve the nerve of some people"

lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom