Naming your chicks?

dumb_cluck

Songster
9 Years
Mar 26, 2010
Upstate NY
I just got my little girls this week.
celebrate.gif
It's only been a couple of days, but I can see personalities already.
yippiechickie.gif

One in particular will run right up to see what's going on. The others wait and see. And the holdout is the last to join in (she was also pretty wobbly when she arrived).

So, here's my names (in ranking order from Alpha to whatever):
jumpy.gif

1 Gert(rude)
2 Lucy
3 Alice
4 Betty
5 Rose

What do you think?
wee.gif

You forgot eggs in the bator/broody!!! Life IS good, and I do love your chick names! Save a HE name, just in case. Once in a while a boy will sneak in on ya. HenZ

I like the names but I gotta say great minds think alike. Of my five ducklings, two share names with your chicks: Fawn and White Runner Rose and Crested Pekin Lucy. (The others are Scout-the leader, Zelda and Miss Prissy).

I didn't name my chicks. I have 12...6 RIR and 6 Buff O's. Each chicken in each breed looks so much like each other (except for the one RIR roo that was supposed to be a pullet-I call him Boy biddy) that there is no way I could tell them all apart. So I just collectively call them Biddy. Boy Biddy will have to find a new home (or be eaten) so I am trying not to get too attached to him.

My Mallards names are: Bill, Jill and Sally. Fast Eddie, Jake and Kate flew the coop last year. Oh, yea, my adopted Mallard is Skittles.
love.gif

Awesome names. We used "front porch sittin" names when my BFF got her pullets last year. (I named my Pearl.) I read one blog where a woman gives her chicks/hens First Lady names. Loved that too. I'm thinking perhaps our chicks that come next week might need Rockstar aka "Rocker Chick" names.

Back
Top Bottom