Nankin Discussion Thread

Pics
Here are a few of my Nankins. They will be a year old in March. I did not get any of them to any shows last year. We shall see how this year goes. I have 5 pens, 5 roos - each with 2 or 3 girls. I also have an extra roo with a crooked toe. Sure would love to find him a home as someones pet! You can click on the pictures to make them bigger if you so wish.

Here are a few of my Nankins. They will be a year old in March. I did not get any of them to any shows last year. We shall see how this year goes. I have 5 pens, 5 roos - each with 2 or 3 girls. I also have an extra roo with a crooked toe. Sure would love to find him a home as someones pet! You can click on the pictures to make them bigger if you so wish.

They're very pretty birds! Where do you live?

A friend of mine has Nankins. Has been breeding them for years, but not showing. He gave me some other eggs, and threw in a Nankin. It hatched for me. :))

no spots on this one. I hatched some from you!... a while back, some did, and some didn't on those. Cute little ones. Not sure I will keep her. I call all of the babies "her". I can't have roos. I let someone a town over take the ones I had, He really wanted to breed them. So there are some Nankins from you around here. This baby is from another friend that has just bred them for a long time. Didn't ask where they came from. He doesn't show, he just likes them. :)
Here is a picture of one of yours..

A picture of one up close .. not quite full grown. The dates on the camera are wrong!
I never did get that right on that camera..have a new one now. Much better.

Found a picture of them just hatched. Along with an EE and
a cochin baby. Spots on some, and not on a couple.
Oh, I see that you are getting out of Nankins? Wow, you have such
beautiful birds. What now? Another breed?

Last edited:
How many are you currently keeping ?

I didn't keep any. I let a man in a town over have them. He could have roosters. I thought it would be great to let him breed them. I only had the four hatch. He was pretty excited to have them. I don't know him personally. He and his wife were getting a pretty nice place fixed up to breed. They showed me pictures from their phone what they had done. Looks really nice. I've seen some babies for sell on one of the places here for ads for poultry. Pretty sure it's him. :)
Not sure I am going to keep this little one..looking/acting like a little roo already! The guy I got this egg from, is needing another rooster, so..he may get this one back. If it's a girl, I have a bantam Faverolle that I just love, and she could go in with her. I hope this Nankin is sweet like the ones I got from you. They were so friendly. That picture of the one on the roost jumped up there on purpose, to get close to me because I knelt down to take a picture. Really friendly. They always did. I kneel down just to have them come up to me. :) Good luck on your new breed. I will have to post a picture of this little one as she gets bigger..or he. :p The guy I got the eggs from has beautiful birds. He just isn't into showing. He says his girls are good mamas. Even if he sneaks a LF egg under one of them that is broody. I should get pictures of them the next time I go over. :) I go over once in a while to get LF eggs from him.

we raise Show Quality RC and Single Comb Nankins and have many chicks available. We can ship just a few if you would like. It is to cool now, but in a week or so we may be able to. Please email [email protected] and not through the Backyard Chicken forum (I dont look much)

Back
Top Bottom