Nankins Information Help

NannyKin

Songster
9 Years
Mar 22, 2013
Canada
Hi,

Now by the thread title you will know a few things, and one of those things is that I need help... Really badly. I have a trio of Nankins and I am New to them and I need help finding information about them. I have looked elsewhere on the internet and I have to say there is very little information there, and I have a American standard of perfection book, and they're not in there (Cause it's the 2010 version.) I hope someone here has some Nankins and knows some stuff about them because I really need to know. All information is truly appreciated.

i.e.

Variety
Class
e.t.c.

Last edited:
Hi,

Now by the thread title you will know a few things, and one of those things is that I need help... Really badly. I have a trio of Nankins and I am New to them and I need help finding information about them. I have looked elsewhere on the internet and I have to say there is very little information there, and I have a American standard of perfection book, and they're not in there (Cause it's the 2010 version.) I hope someone here has some Nankins and knows some stuff about them because I really need to know. All information is truly appreciated.

i.e.

Variety
Class
e.t.c.
I don't raise Nankins, but I show chickens, and can at least tell you a few things.

First of all, they are a true bantam, which means that they have no large-fowl counterpart. They come in a single-combed and a rose-combed variety. Therefore, they are entered in either Single-Comb-Clean-Legged (SCCL) or Rose-Comb-Clean-Legged (RCCL) at shows.

Second, the color pattern doesn't have a particular name, but it is technically a form of black tailed red (at least according the the ABA Bantam Standard). Most of the body should be a rich golden buff in color, with the undercolor being light golden chestnut, the legs being bluish slate, and the eyes being reddish bay.

Lastly, the weights for Nakins are as follows:

Cock: 24 oz/680 grams
Hen: 22oz/625 grams
Cockerel: 22oz./625 grams
Pullet: 20oz./570 grams

Back
Top Bottom