Narnia Chat - all Narnians welcome!

Which book (or movie) is your favorite? (Two votes allowed)

• Total voters
Hi everyone!
I love Narnia... the books are so clever and wholesome. I love Reepicheep and Aslan, also Lucy. Glad to find some more fans!!!!
Hi! I'm glad I found other fans too! :highfive:

i like the Magicians nephew bc at school we read it and 1 minute in two children are roasting each other.
i also like the silver chair. i like how its written

i forgot the lizard mans name in the silver chair

i think that Lucys character shaped me into a truthful person, because whenever i try to lie, i feel guilty and tell the truth

i also theorize that Edmund, peter, lucy and susan represent a redemmed person, caring father, a truthful Christian, and gentle mother
Puddleglum is an interesting character. I think he's too negative, but I guess that's really the whole point!

Interesting theories. I have not thought about them that way before.

On a side note, I have always loved the illustrations in the original books.

Said J.R.R. Tolkien of illustrator Pauline Baynes' work:

"They are more than illustrations", he wrote to Allen & Unwin on 16 March 1949, "they are a collateral theme. I showed them to my friends whose polite comment was that they reduced my text to a commentary on the drawings."

Quoted text source

i looked up something about susan, and apparently she is lost to narnia bc she discovered lipstick(?):p

Narnian: Aslan! Susan discovered lipstick!
Aslan: She is lost now

this may not be funny for certain people:idunno:idunno
It's funny, but sad too. She got too old for fairy tales and dreams and chose to forget, so she could be accepted into society.

On a side note, I have always loved the illustrations in the original books.

Said J.R.R. Tolkien of illustrator Pauline Baynes' work:

"They are more than illustrations", he wrote to Allen & Unwin on 16 March 1949, "they are a collateral theme. I showed them to my friends whose polite comment was that they reduced my text to a commentary on the drawings."

Quoted text source
I don't think I've seen those illustrations. I'll have to look into them!

Back
Top Bottom