National Coming Out Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
i gay and have never loney , my cousins all new my parent know aunts ,uncle and my life partner of 17 years and our grandchildrens but i feel for those who still hid it , now that are loney
lol.png
sad.png

Quote:
Every person is ridiculed and at some point in history MOST have been beaten and/or killed for beliefs, lifestyles, etc. Gay, Christian, African American, etc. etc. I am not saying it is right, but it happens. I no more support those who tease, beat, and murder, than I do those who make it a point to announce the thing getting folks teased, beaten, and murdered. Just sayin. I have gay friends and family just as I'm sure 99% of the folks on this board do. I just don't see making a big deal of it with a National day, and I disagree with the lifestyle. Had I been born gay...I'd be celibate period, but that's what is right for me and my beleif system. Either way, drawing attention to a personal decision of sexual nature...is lacking in taste IMO.

Im sorry that you feel that way, and i am glad that you were not born gay, as you would have chosen to have a miserable and lonely life.
But unfortunatly there are people out there who are ashamed of who they are, and are living lonely lives, and thats no way to live.

As for celebrating and recognising someones sexual orientation being in your words 'in bad taste' have you really thought about that statement?
Everytime someone gets married, engaged, celebrates valentines day, shows affection for their partner, holds hands, kisses, or even states in a signature line on BYC that they are married or have a partner. That must be all 'in bad taste' ...

If there was less judgement and more acceptance in the world than us 'people', as we've been referred to, would not have to have one day in whole the year to celebrate, encourage and make welcome others who are just discovering themselves. With no judgement and more acceptance we would be able to openly and happily celebrate it everyday, year in year out, just like everyone else.

I do not judge people based on Race, Religion, Sexual Orientation, Political Beliefs, Personal Appearance, Occupation, Family Circumstance, Dining Preference, Shoe Size, or Choice of Toothpaste... Get the point?
Your personality is what should count.

In this day and age, there should be no discrimination of anybody, for anything. Period.
Its called freedom, respect it.

Point well taken. Now, could you respect my opinion of being a straight Christian with opinion differing from yours? Everybody wants to scream tolerance until the Christians poke their nose in. Then that's not tolerated. Double standard if ya ask me. I don't judge, and have said I don't. I don't think sexual orientation of any sort should have a "day" or any other special treatment. It's a funny thing to me, that those who claim to be being attacked, turn right around and attack others for having differing views. I don't care if you don't like Christians. Why should you care if I don't like gay?

In this day and age there should be NO DISRIMINATION OF ANYBODY, FOR ANYTHING. Period.
It's called freedom, respect it. (Borrowed a line from a seemingly smart person here
lol.png
)

Quote:
Please don't take this as an attack it is not mean to be that, but I want to use this as an example.
If a person, kid or adult comes across this thread and it lets them know they are not alone, that there are people out there just like them, and people who support them and love them no matter what they are, then this thread is most certainly appropriate for any forum any where.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
just like races, and etc shouldn't either

OK then no more pics of dead predators doing what they are (and forgive me here folks as I am not religious but... ) designed by your self proclaimed god to do because they kill livestock, and no more talk of religion, or of politics, heck lets not talk about anime because its violent, or DO NOT mention you had a beer with dinner because drinking is offensive. Oh and dont eat meat, because it offends the vegetarians, or eggs, because that offends the vegans... oh my what a slippery slope society has turned into and people wonder why I want to be a hermit.

Quote:
Please don't take this as an attack it is not mean to be that, but I want to use this as an example.
If a person, kid or adult comes across this thread and it lets them know they are not alone, that there are people out there just like them, and people who support them and love them no matter what they are, then this thread is most certainly appropriate for any forum any where.

Oh but the BYC Cristian thread and all other religious threads were shut down because of some with differing opinions coming in and starting making waves so, this thread is fair game for both sides of the coin as well, and if it gets shut down, well that's the way the BYC crumbles. The Christian thread obviously was suddenly not "appropriate." Some threads just should not be started if folks have issue with the flip side. I don't think it is any less appropriate than the Christian thread...but we all see which isn't here...
roll.png
The same could have been said about the religious threads.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
just like races, and etc shouldn't either

OK then no more pics of dead predators doing what they are (and forgive me here folks as I am not religious but... ) designed by your self proclaimed god to do because they kill livestock, and no more talk of religion, or of politics, heck lets not talk about anime because its violent, or DO NOT mention you had a beer with dinner because drinking is offensive. Oh and dont eat meat, because it offends the vegetarians, or eggs, because that offends the vegans... oh my what a slippery slope society has turned into and people wonder why I want to be a hermit.

Good points there..
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom