Natural worming

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by henney penny, Sep 14, 2011.

1. henney penny

henney penny Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    Northern Maine
    Is there a natural wormer for chickens?I have not seen any worms in my chickens poop but I`m sure they must have them.I have used garlic in the post and DE in there food in the spring.I don`t want to have to throw the eggs away as I sell them to pay for the feed.ThANKS

2. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    I just ordered some Verm-X here's the website http://www.verm-xusa.com/

I haven't used anything before so...there are some posts on here about it if you do a search.

3. watchdogps

watchdogps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    I use equiopathics for my dogs, and it's listed for all livestock. I dont know if it could be used for chickens, but you could call them, they are really helpful.
    800-555-4461

It's a totally homeopathic wormer

4. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    I heard that pumpkins are good, just split them and they will eat the insides. It's supposed to be in the seeds...

5. henney penny

Nov 21, 2009
    Northern Maine
    [​IMG] As you see I do feed my chickens pumpkins in the fall,this is my manure pile that started growing pumpkins from the seeds from last years feeding.LOL

6. unix_micki

unix_micki Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    How would one do garlic, in water or oatmeal??

7. skillswife

skillswife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    I use dried wormwood. I haven't had any problems.

8. skillswife

skillswife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
  9. unix_micki

unix_micki Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    Quote:how do you use it, in feed or water??

I might use this and pumpkins

I am thinking about adding garlic once a month to their meals I make them. How long should one do garlic, monthly or just twice a year for a few days??

any other natural remides?

10. henney penny

Nov 21, 2009
    Northern Maine
    This is my receipe for worms Add 5to6 cloves of garlic to 1/2 cup cool water.Cover and let stand for 8 hrs or overnight.Shake and strain.Do not heat the water or it will erase some ot the garlics benifits.Use eye dropper for each chicke or you can aslo add some of this garlic concentreae to water for on week at the rate of 1/2 cup of concertrate to 4 gallons of water.Make sure there is no other water source around. I use the water one its easier if you have a lot of chickens.I have never seen worms in my chickens poop but I guess that doesn`t mean they don`t have any.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by