Nature Photography

Pics
PXL_20231104_235652165.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20231104_234210556.jpg

Just read where there was a high chance for a solar storm today due to a massive increase in sunspots. That last time I photographed the sun, there was very little activity. Well, I went outside a few minutes ago and they weren't kidding. That's a lot of sunspots...

View attachment 3691236
https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/homepage

I monitor this site for solar activity. Particularly for aurora chances. Has to be a major G3 or G4 storm to get them down south enough to see here though

Had clear skies and no moon last night. I was finally able to shoot the flame and horsehead nebula again. This is a stack of 81 60 second exposures. Next time I am going to try and get 3 hours of exposure time to really bring out the finer details....

horsehead12.10.23-Edit-2-3.jpg

Here is a couple I shot in Oct. This is the Pleiades star cluster (commonly called the seven sisters)....

pleiades 10.17.23-Edit-2.jpg

And this was another try at the Orion Nebula....

orion 10.2.23-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
Had clear skies and no moon last night. I was finally able to shoot the flame and horsehead nebula again. This is a stack of 121 60 second exposures. Next time I am going to try and get 3 hours of exposure time to really bring out the finer details....

View attachment 3702977

Here is a couple I shot in Oct. This is the Pleiades star cluster (commonly called the seven sisters)....

View attachment 3702915

And this was another try at the Orion Nebulae....

View attachment 3702916
These are awesome pictures!

Back
Top Bottom