NatureWise Feather Fixer pellet- anyone using?

my local orschlens just started carrying this and i would really love to try it since my cochin's are molting but their only a little over 3 months old and the feather fixer has to much calcium for my girls since their not laying or close to laying yet

I don't see the benefit of yet another product marketed when there are superior products already on the market. Mixing a high quality starter/grower or game bird ration with layer feed boosts protein for moult. So does fish. Avian Super Pack has the right level of vitamins and minerals for moulting birds. If one doesn't want to use Avian Super Pack in the water, Red Cell or Poultry Cell provides it mixed in feed.

Last edited:
I think the benefit is that it is higher protein (18%) and it also has higher calcium for layers unlike an all flock. Game bird feed with a higher ration is not really great around here since they only stock Purina with no animal protein. Just means game bird gives you even more soy at 20-22%. I still feed some local no soy with fish meal, but I'm trying this feed because it's pellets & we are going away more & it goes through the feeder better. As far as other extras like Red Cell etc., I'm tired of adding things to feed to up the protein etc. I do have a local game bird feed with animal byproducts which I'm not keen on. The also add urea etc. Choices in conventional feed are crap. I can't fine a feed with porcine meal that everyone loves, but then with the crap they put in pigs for human consumption. I'm not sure about that route either. I have thought of going back to Mazuri Game Bird with fish, but who knows.

Most people think its too expensive and will just get whatever is cheapest. I myself love it! and mix with egg pellets one feed they do not seem to like much at all is Country lane from Oreshilin's.

Well, rats, nobody near me has it. Ended up getting just some plain Nutrena layer crumbles for the laying flock. TSC only sells Nutrena horse feed.

Wish the Nutrena website listed who sells what.
Go to the Nutrena site and e-mail them for a location near you. They responded to me within 3 days. (I'm guessing the places they sent me to will have to order it; I don't believe they have it on the shelf.) They gave me a name at Nutrena to mention when I asked for it, and for the store to call with questions, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom