NatureWise Feather Fixer pellet- anyone using?

Can I mixed this feather fixer in with their normal feed?
i contacted the company via their web site and the rep told me that by mixing it may not give the full benefits of using it ..they did send me directions to a place that sells the larger bags and i will be calling them today to check prices out ..i already buy my straw from the place they sent me ..oh and they sent me a coupon for 2 dollars off ..i wish i had a printer now ..lol

Nutrena/Cargill is very generous with their coupons.Through their Nutrena newsletter,scoop from the coop and flock minder i receive at least two coupons a month.I signed up for a different company's rewards program in July and had received 0 coupons,not tips no communication what so ever.

Thank you. Buying small bags at a time gets expensive! I acquired 5 - one year old hens that. I have in a separate temporary coop that are molting really bad. Once they are better I have to figure out how to incorporate them in with the others. Of. Course my chickens are spoiled rotten hopefully they will play nice and the new once will think they died and gone to heaven
1f607.png

Last edited:
Thank you. Buying small bags at a time gets expensive! I acquired 5 - one year old hens that. I have in a separate temporary coop that are molting really bad. Once they are better I have to figure out how to incorporate them in with the others. Of. Course my chickens are spoiled rotten hopefully they will play nice and the new once will think they died and gone to heaven
1f607.png
theres some good reading on this site for intergrading flocks .what i did was put a fence up in my run splitting it in half ..i had my new girls on one side and the older flock on the other ..they would get used to each other over time [1 month]and when i removed the the fence they had a few words with each other over about a week or so and then they were fine ..good luck ..its always an adventure with these birds it seems ..lol

i called the place this morning about the feather fixer in 40 lb bags ..they are sold out right now and wont have any more till next month ..ugh..so i guess i keep mixing it till i can get the big bags ..14 dollars for a 40 lb bag..not bad . i pay $13 for 50lb bags of dumars feed now ..i am going to try and use it , once they restock..
Nutrena/Cargill is very generous with their coupons.Through their Nutrena newsletter,scoop from the coop and flock minder i receive at least two coupons a month.I signed up for a different company's rewards program in July and had received 0 coupons,not tips no communication what so ever.
yeah i kind of got that impression as well about coupons..i need to get my print back up ..i think i'll try and see if they will sent coupons threw the snail mail..there was a rep from nutrena on here at one time i see ...some companys want our business but dont want to give a little to get a little ..nutrena answered my questions right away ..i was happy to sign up to get a few bucks off ..and if it works as well as i think i may just switch to this product for everyday feedings ..the real test will be if it keeps the mites away ..i didnt buy it for the molting birds i got it because my roo was getting his butt pecked apart and the cleaning and dusting the coop wasnt getting rid of the mites 100%..i have been dusting their bottoms ..and am trying to dust them all real good once a week ..i am building them a dust bath area in a far corner of the coop ..we'll see what happens ..

I use the feather fixer and found that it works best after chickens are completely or nearly completely done "blowing" their feathers. It seems to speed re-growth of feathers but doesn't really seem to have an effect before the chickens are done molting (doesn't speed the process.) I don't feed it to my chickens all the time, maybe it would also be beneficial in keeping feathers from breaking as easily.
Terri in Tucson

This is all mine eat. Lol. Little boogers are picky. I've tried cutting it with other food and they just pick through or don't eat. Switch back, and eat like piggies.

I buy it on sale and use my coupons.

Their feathers are gorgeous!

i use feather fixer, that s the only food i have ever used since my babies grew out of the chick starter, so i cant tell the difference, at 3 months old my other poultry friends asked if they were 6 months old because they had so many feathers and it was so poofy, they were moved out side when they were 2 months, they seemed to grow really fast compared to other chicks. and my wyandottes are soooo soft, and my cochin felt like a feather down pillow, i will always use this food! i also mix in grit, oyster shell, and scratch grains with every now and them meal worms (yes my birds are spoiled)
big_smile.png
my year and a half old hen was not laying any eggs but when i started her on feather fixer she stated to lay about a month later!

I use wood ashes saved from my stove and my girls have never had one mite. I mix it about half and half with peat moss. they love it.

Can anyone tell me if the Feather Fixer automatically comes with the Mite Fighter? Is it all one of the same or two separate feeds? I just bought a bag of Feather Fixer, but threw out the bag and don't know if it covers both.

Fass

Back
Top Bottom