NatureWise Feather Fixer pellet- anyone using?

Full on molts going on here at my house and we had snow on the ground yesterday freezing temps today. I found feather fixer at L & M fleet supply in grand rapids mn for 15.99/bag. Thought I d give it a go...still blending it in with my flock raiser feed. Ive also been supplying protein with some small chopped pieces of venison too. But now that I'm out of that i'll let the feather fixer do its work now. One hen pretty weak with her molt. Lots of new feathers coming. Poor girl.

Hi,

I have a hen with the chilling temps that is in a bad molt. I make my own feed and have increased protein (ie mealworms and left over meat I have) for quicker feather regrowth. I was wondering if the flock fixer would grow her feathers back faster than what I'm doing. She is pretty chilly and I'm kinda worried about her. The pullets I have are in great shape and dont seem to mind the cold. This other gal is about 2 and the cold is getting to her.

Hi,

I have a hen with the chilling temps that is in a bad molt. I make my own feed and have increased protein (ie mealworms and left over meat I have) for quicker feather regrowth. I was wondering if the flock fixer would grow her feathers back faster than what I'm doing. She is pretty chilly and I'm kinda worried about her. The pullets I have are in great shape and dont seem to mind the cold. This other gal is about 2 and the cold is getting to her.

I had great results with this product. My girls feathered out beautifully, I would recommend it.

I went to the feed store today. The reps were there so I thought I'd take a look at the ingredients.
sad.png
. I dont feed soy and other than corn, vitamins and probiotics, there wasnt too much that made me sing. So I decided to buy a wild bird block with pretty much same ingredients and will stick with mealworms, left over dinner scraps and cooked eggs. Ill still feed my regular mix and black sunflower seeds. My two pullets have very nice feathers so the food I'm feeding must be covering the basics. I inquired on a chicken sweater for her from another byc member.

can this product be mixed with regular dumars layer feed ..i bought a sm bag this morning for 8 bucks..i no at that price i couldnt afford to use just the feather fixer ..any one no if it can just be added to other feeds .

.thanks in advance for any help ..

You could mix it,but you might not get the full effect.IMO
i figured it may take a little longer for the benefits to show ..they really like it ..they tend to pick around the layer feed to get it ..i may try making a mash for them ..i need to raise my wall feeders ..they are kicking pellets out every were..

Back
Top Bottom