NE Oklahoma Chicken Stock - Let's Plan!

Hi,
I didn't get enough time with chickens and chicken folks yesterday at POOPS. I NEED to come to NEOCS. How do I sign up?
Also I have an idea for a demonstration - I make baskets crocheted out of cut up plastic shopping bags. One size could also be used as nests in wire cages. Where is the post with info. on booths? I have tried to go back and find out, guess I'll have to start at the begining of this thread.
I'll post a pic of the crocket.
MJ

POOPS has come and gone. Now to concentrate on NEOCS. Pretty excited. Will be pounding out some chicken design wallets, belt buckles maybe a purse. Anyone looking for any particular thing let me know so I can have time to get it done. This is awesome. My moms side of the family is having a family reunion that same weekend about 20 miles from where NEOCS is going to be so will be best of both worlds. All the family will probable talk about me when I pull up with a pickup load of chickens. Ah heck, they probable talk about me now.
lol.png

Hi,
I didn't get enough time with chickens and chicken folks yesterday at POOPS. I NEED to come to NEOCS. How do I sign up?
Also I have an idea for a demonstration - I make baskets crocheted out of cut up plastic shopping bags. One size could also be used as nests in wire cages. Where is the post with info. on booths? I have tried to go back and find out, guess I'll have to start at the begining of this thread.
MJ

will be spending the next few weeks finishing up some art for it, and will be bringing some extras the broodies are hatching... good grief those girls have been busy!

Last edited:
POOPS has come and gone. Now to concentrate on NEOCS. Pretty excited. Will be pounding out some chicken design wallets, belt buckles maybe a purse. Anyone looking for any particular thing let me know so I can have time to get it done. This is awesome. My moms side of the family is having a family reunion that same weekend about 20 miles from where NEOCS is going to be so will be best of both worlds. All the family will probable talk about me when I pull up with a pickup load of chickens. Ah heck, they probable talk about me now.
lol.png
Old Cowboy I really loved that wallet you made with the rooster lifting weights. Do you think you might have one of those there? Or even something else with that design? I would really really like something with that design!!
fl.gif
big_smile.png

Do we need to sign up for a booth if we have chicks or birds to sell? Is that how it works?

Hi,
MJ
There is a barn map, event rules, and lots of good information on page one of the thread. Here is a current copy of the map. There is no charge to set up. Birds and bird related items only. No four-legged animals at this event. Send me a message with the space numbers you would like to reserve. The map is updated on page one as reservations are made.

I think cooking inside the barn would violate some rule with the fairgrounds anyway. Cook at home. DH had an idea as far as warming goes though. I can bring the big propane grill and set it outside for those that would need to "warm" something up since my booth is right next to the main door. As far as the dust goes, it really isn't that bad in there even on the nastiest of days. We show the pigs in there and that is the nastiest time of year. Folks at their own booth will need to put lids on if they are on dishing something out. And as far as the folks walking around with taster kits we shouldn't be giving them a "hungry man" portion to collect dust. Hubby says he just wants to graze on everyone's cooking since he has to be there all day.

If we do this we need to set some rules:

1. Main ingredient MUST be poultry EGGS. Chicken, duck, goose or guinea. (I thought I would throw that in cause hubby made a smart alec comment about snake eggs) yuck...
2. Everything must be kept sanitary.
3. Make enough for 100 samples.
4. Limit of 5 entries.
5. $3.00 per entry.
6. $3.00 per taster kit. Taster kit includes napkin, spork, and small plate with sections.

I can also get a hold of the newspaper and see if she will run a promotional article for a "what to do this weekend" section.
I can also hire Joe's kids and my own to do Trash duty and go around making sure things are picked up
sounds good

Back
Top Bottom