NE Oklahoma Chicken Stock - Let's Plan!

I have read all these posts and they all have good and maybe not so good points. Since i am planning on attending this event i thought i would throw my 2 cents in as well..The way i see it everyone that is bringing eggs to sell or swap knows what they have and know what they would like to trade for.. Now the idea of an egg swap by a random drawing is a great idea and it sounds like fun.. So why not let each person that brings eggs decide if they want to participate in the swap/drawing and know that what they bring may very well be worth more than what they get and if they dont want to do the swap then they would just trade with someone for the eggs that they want and that way everyone would be happy . but like Bill and some others have said i will support whatever is decided by the group.. I so looking foward to coming and having a great time...

It's the red hair and the "X" chromosome! Imparts genious to all who possess it!
gig.gif
Ha, thanks for taking care of this for me Kass!!!!!

If after you read this you think it's a totally block-headed idea, please let me know. You won't hurt my feelings, and you'll save me a lot of prep time cleaning cubical walls. If, on the other hand, you think this will work, please say so and I'll be sure we've got paper, push pins, pens, and other necessary items available at N.E.O.C.S. is space #159.

I've been pondering the egg swap idea. I think I have a way for people to swap without having to set a time, determine swap order, or try to put a value on swap eggs: I've got some carpeted cubical wall pieces in the garage. I can put these walls into space 159 along with push pins and an instruction page. People who prepare ahead can print a swap offering page at home or draw one. People who like to go with the flow can make a swap offering page on paper provided in space 159. The swap offering page must have the name of the person offering eggs, his or her space number, and a brief note to let people know what's most desired in trade. Anyone looking for swapper information can go to space 159 and see what's available. The barn is big, and it's hard to remember what one just saw five spaces back, so this ought to make swapping more productive and fun.

After two people complete a swap, they need to decide which one (or both of them) should go to space 159 to amend their swap offerings pages. In my example, I would simply cross out eggs as they are swapped. I could send my granddaughter to do this for me, or I could ask the person who just came to me to swap to do this for me. I'm highly visual in my thinking, so lists are less my style. Here's what my swap offering page might look like. I don't really have all these breeds, but you get the idea.

Here's another thought... If people want to swap chicks for eggs, or eggs for chicks, that's possible. The note at the top of the swap offerings page should tell lookers that chicks are wanted in exchange for eggs, or vice versa. Once a person sees who has what to swap, the wheeling and dealing can begin!

If after you read this you think it's a totally block-headed idea, please let me know. You won't hurt my feelings, and you'll save me a lot of prep time cleaning cubical walls. If, on the other hand, you think this will work, please say so and I'll be sure we've got paper, push pins, pens, and other necessary items available at N.E.O.C.S. is space #159.

I've been pondering the egg swap idea. I think I have a way for people to swap without having to set a time, determine swap order, or try to put a value on swap eggs: I've got some carpeted cubical wall pieces in the garage. I can put these walls into space 159 along with push pins and an instruction page. People who prepare ahead can print a swap offering page at home or draw one. People who like to go with the flow can make a swap offering page on paper provided in space 159. The swap offering page must have the name of the person offering eggs, his or her space number, and a brief note to let people know what's most desired in trade. Anyone looking for swapper information can go to space 159 and see what's available. The barn is big, and it's hard to remember what one just saw five spaces back, so this ought to make swapping more productive and fun.

After two people complete a swap, they need to decide which one (or both of them) should go to space 159 to amend their swap offerings pages. In my example, I would simply cross out eggs as they are swapped. I could send my granddaughter to do this for me, or I could ask the person who just came to me to swap to do this for me. I'm highly visual in my thinking, so lists are less my style. Here's what my swap offering page might look like. I don't really have all these breeds, but you get the idea.

Here's another thought... If people want to swap chicks for eggs, or eggs for chicks, that's possible. The note at the top of the swap offerings page should tell lookers that chicks are wanted in exchange for eggs, or vice versa. Once a person sees who has what to swap, the wheeling and dealing can begin!

looks like a good plan to me, should make and keep everyone happy.

LOVE THIS PLAN it lets every one know what you have to swap and what you would take for it this way every one knows what there getting and no one getts upset in a random drawl

I think it is an awesome plan, everyone can swap that wants to. You have one location for all swapping information. No hurt feelings. No one locked behind the swapping table for most of the whole event.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom