Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

Pics
I didn't stay till the end last spring, had to go. Hopefully there will be something there I have to have, or maybe not!
What time are they starting?

We should all meet!! I dont know ANYONE from BYC in person...
sad.png

According to the event center website, the Nebraska Poultry show was LAST weekend. Bummer, I really wanted to go, and I could have, but it was posted on here as being this weekend. Well, shoot.

It is this weekend. DH and I went today. Lots of birds. Got a good look at several breeds I wanted to see in person, not just pictures or drawings.

Quote:
I just got back...
smile.png

THE SHOW WAS GREAT!! I ended up buying two trios of SQ Silver Leghorn bantams, and 1 trio of SQ Silver Penciled Rock Bantams. (I was going to get a pair of Crele OEGB's, but they were EXPENSIVE, and I wanted to get a trio of Mille Fleur D'Uccle's but the seller wouldnt pick up their phone!! I really wanted to get a pair of GREAT LOOKING Partridge Silkies, but my mom said they were too expensive and we had to get home...
rant.gif
)

There was an unimaginable amount of birds there, and I had a blast.

I got the application for the APA, and I think I am going to join, and maybe even show next year!!
smile.png
smile.png

My favorite part of the whole show (BY FAR) was the call ducks and the Modern Game Bantams, and of course the Geese, AND who could forget the giant fluffy cochins. They were all great!!

I learned that SQ Buff Orps are HUGE!!
ep.gif

I met alot of new people, and EVERYONE was very friendly. I guess my Silver Penciled Rocks are from good bloodlines, and are Great quality birds, (after hearing it 5 times!!
lol.png
)

Last edited:
The SQ Buffs orps were huge. We were very impressed by the size.

I was also impressed by the size of the dewlap toulouse. Those were some very large geese. I was very happy to see several American Buffs and some Pilgrim geese as well. Nice to see the endangered breeds are still holding on. I have to say that my American Buff geese looked just as good or better than the ones at the show. But since I don't show them, I really can't put my money where my mouth is.
lol.png

I did see one Buckeye hen and was happy to look at her. That's the breed I'm really interested in for when we finally get to move out to the country.

I didn't buy anything since we were 2 hours from home. There was a partridge silkie pair I looked at, but since I can't have roosters in town, it was easy to walk away.

Good experience and it was great to see so many birds.

Catnip,

That was my Buckeye hen I brought up, and also my Partridge silkies I was selling!! Sold a pair of partridge silkies just before noon and actually had a pair of Buckeyes in my truck that we didn't take over to the sale area. Should have looked me up and I could have talked to you about the birds.

We also won Champion Continental on a Salmon Faverolle Hen!!

Very large show this year with over 2200 birds.

Aaron

Quote:
That Salmon Faverolle was yours!! I spent at least 10 minutes admiring that bird.... She was Amazing.

Wait, you were selling a pair of partridge silkies? I talked to someone about a pair of partridge silkies for sale, a nice lady, and a tall guy in a grey nebraska shirt.....

Back
Top Bottom