Need a hug; Cop's wife in Pittsburgh...

BTW, in case anyone works for a small department or knows someone who may need the info:

The American Police Hall of Fame in Florida offers bullet proof vests to departments who can't afford them. They also help out the children (scholarships, I believe) of fallen officers.

You can find them on the web. (If you can't find them, email me and I'll get you their info.)

I grew up in pittsburgh, this is so sad. We have a farm about an 50min north of pittsburgh. Pittsburgh may be a big city in some respects but we are like a bunch of small town people and things like this don't happen everyday. My heart goes out to the slaln officer's families and hope the suspect gets what he deserves. So very very sad...

That is so so sad for the the officers and the family they leave behind. My prayers are with them and all the Police . firefighters, rescue workers and soldiers who are out there everyday trying to keep us safe!!!

So very sad
sad.png
I have 3 family members in law enforcement, my aunt and uncle and a step dad. I cannot imagine how awful it would be to lose any of them, especially to such pointless violence.

Quote:
Last week my SO and I went to the doctor. Doc said I have a bleeding ulcer. He said he treats 3 cops wives besides me and they all have ulcers.
Twenty eight years ago when my SO was a rookie he watched as a drunk semi driver lost control of his rig and caused an accident that killed four of his fellow officers, who were also his friends. They were all on their way to a funeral of a state trooper that was shot in the line of duty. The doctor at the hospital put my SO on blood pressure meds that night and he's had to take them every since.
I wouldn't trade life with him for anything in this world, but we could both live without the stress.

I had to go outside 4 a while & just watch our girls (ages 4 & 7), and a couple of the neighborhood kids, play with the chickens for a bit. DH is home now, and I am so thankful that he is.

Purplechicken, I did not yet see if they had children or not, I am heartsick tho because I bet some of them did. My DH's Dad retired after many, many years of service as a Pittsburgh City Officer; I think that is a big part of why DH is "on the job", too.

Quote:
My husbands department gives him a $300 vest allowence once every ten years. I was so angry when I figured out he was wearing an expired vest, We saved for months before we got together the $1000 needed to give him half a chance to combat the automatic weapons and cop killer bullets. I always feel like LEO's are so taken for granted and under appreciated. My 7 and 12 year olds started crying when they saw the news.... poor babies. Hugs to all the Law enforcement families out there!

Thank you volume904 for the info, i will pass it on.

oh, and I know it is vengeful and angry, but i want to know why the shooter is alive, too.

Quote:
i remember right before we moved here we used to live in a upscale gated community on the outskirts of Eustis Fl. Everything was already picked up by the movers. We just sat in a empty family room staring at a 13in TV eating pizza. All sudden a guy ran by right outside the window, next thing i hear was sirens. It scared my oldest one so much i had to call the police. THe officer promised her to catch the guy. How sweet he was. THey caught the guy the same night.

Heard about it here when I got home. We had a State Trooper slain just down the hill from us years ago. It was horrifying.
My childhood best friend's husband was killed while in pursuit of a suspect. He lost control of his cruiser and crashed. I have never even been able imagine what it must feel like to send a loved one off to a job like that everyday.
Prayers for all....

Back
Top Bottom