Need a hug, take a hug.

Pics
She said that the issues were due to problems with my personality.

Further indication that she needed another career. That's the approach of someone who really doesn't care. Add that to the fact that you are young with all of the vulnerability that goes along with that :smack. It wasn't fair. It wasn't professional.

Further indication that she needed another career. That's the approach of someone who really doesn't care. Add that to the fact that you are young with all of the vulnerability that goes along with that :smack. It wasn't fair. It wasn't professional.

X2!!!

Heck, X10000!!

Extremely unprofessional and borderline cruel to tell that to a kid!! Especially one who’s obviously already struggling with something or they wouldn’t be in therapy.:rant:smack

My dad has been calling around to find me a different therapist who takes the insurance, hopefully I can find someone better.

The last therapist I saw seemed kind of angry and bitter both times I saw her, even though the two appointments I had with her were over a year apart. I am a pretty sensitive person, and I'm not sure if that's a sign of something wrong with my personality, but when she told me that the problem was with my personality, and that I thought too highly of myself, I started crying, and then she immediately kicked me out of the room so she could talk to my mom without me.

I often struggle with feeling like everything is my fault, or that there is a lot wrong with me, so I'm not sure how I think too highly of myself. :hmm

My dad has been calling around to find me a different therapist who takes the insurance, hopefully I can find someone better.

The last therapist I saw seemed kind of angry and bitter both times I saw her, even though the two appointments I had with her were over a year apart. I am a pretty sensitive person, and I'm not sure if that's a sign of something wrong with my personality, but when she told me that the problem was with my personality, and that I thought too highly of myself, I started crying, and then she immediately kicked me out of the room so she could talk to my mom without me.

I often struggle with feeling like everything is my fault, or that there is a lot wrong with me, so I'm not sure how I think too highly of myself. :hmm

James, I am so so sorry! That is horrible what that so called “therapist” did to you!! She really ought to have her license taken away! Highly unprofessional and downright unethical. She clearly lacks any empathy, compassion, or caring at all which is a necessary qualification for that field! That said, therapists do sometimes get burnt out, it can be a draining field, but even so, what she said to you and her behavior is downright unacceptable. Even if she was burnt out, which we don’t even know she was, might just be awful at her job, I would hope she would recognize that she was and retire or take a break. She should not be a therapist. And I am extremely sorry for all the trauma this has caused you. :hugs there is nothing wrong with you or your personality. From what I can tell, you are a great person and very kind, caring, and empathetic, which is a lot more than I can say for her! :hugs

There is a search tool on PsychologyToday.com that may be of use to you. You can search by location and insurance and all that stuff and it may help turn up some more.

Or if your insurance has a website, sometimes they have a search on their site.

Good luck! :hugs

The last therapist I saw wasn't very good. I tried to talk to her about how I worried about stuff, like how I was afraid that I might be suffering from Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, but she said that I was just using a "grandiose rationalization" for my behavior, since I don't accomplish much compared to others my age, like she thought that I was claiming to have some disease to justify everything wrong with me, when the fear of having the disease was really just a worry that I hoped wasn't true and that was causing me anxiety. I had seen her once before in May of 2018, where she said something to me along the lines of "All you seem to do is rub people the wrong way", and when I found myself looking for a therapist again in December, I decided to give seeing her another shot, and it was a mistake.

I have had a hypnotist/therapist speak to me like this, there was no second session.

As for CJD...did you think you had a Prion disease because you are eating potentially infected brains of humans on the regular? Did anyone in your family die from this disease?
Prion diseases are insane, but whomever said that the therapist should have taken your fear more seriously is irrational.
The diagnosis of this is only comes after spinal taps, and EVERYTHING else has been ruled out!

Feel good about your life, you are able bodied enough to maintain the rigorous daily chores of chicken ownership! As for your academic and professional fears, shut it down.
I work at a Junkyard at this moment after owning my own advertising agency.
A degree won't get you the jobs you want, YOU can get those only with EXPERIENCE! Some professions you are unable to get experience without the proper education.

Once you are on your own, like truly ON YOUR OWN.....will you see how you are unable to spend time or energy dwelling on potentials because while you are doing that you will not survive.

Please do yourself a HUGE favor and get a blue collar job that forces you to get vitamin D DAILY, take time off from school, you can read at night before bed. There are MIT courses free on the web, able bodied people need to work. It will give you every opportunity to make yourself a happy life.
Drop the SSRI'S too, seriously once you are out of your own way, you will be better.

James, I am so so sorry! That is horrible what that so called “therapist” did to you!! She really ought to have her license taken away! Highly unprofessional and downright unethical. She clearly lacks any empathy, compassion, or caring at all which is a necessary qualification for that field! That said, therapists do sometimes get burnt out, it can be a draining field, but even so, what she said to you and her behavior is downright unacceptable. Even if she was burnt out, which we don’t even know she was, might just be awful at her job, I would hope she would recognize that she was and retire or take a break. She should not be a therapist. And I am extremely sorry for all the trauma this has caused you. :hugs there is nothing wrong with you or your personality. From what I can tell, you are a great person and very kind, caring, and empathetic, which is a lot more than I can say for her! :hugs

There is a search tool on PsychologyToday.com that may be of use to you. You can search by location and insurance and all that stuff and it may help turn up some more.

Or if your insurance has a website, sometimes they have a search on their site.

Good luck! :hugs
Her diagnosis of me that she sent to the insurance even had to do with stuff being wrong with my personality, I believe it was "Other specific personality disorders".

I got a list of therapists that are supposed to take the insurance, but some of them aren't taking new patients, although I think I'll be able to get an appointment with one.
I have had a hypnotist/therapist speak to me like this, there was no second session.

As for CJD...did you think you had a Prion disease because you are eating potentially infected brains of humans on the regular? Did anyone in your family die from this disease?
Prion diseases are insane, but whomever said that the therapist should have taken your fear more seriously is irrational.
The diagnosis of this is only comes after spinal taps, and EVERYTHING else has been ruled out!

Feel good about your life, you are able bodied enough to maintain the rigorous daily chores of chicken ownership! As for your academic and professional fears, shut it down.
I work at a Junkyard at this moment after owning my own advertising agency.
A degree won't get you the jobs you want, YOU can get those only with EXPERIENCE! Some professions you are unable to get experience without the proper education.

Once you are on your own, like truly ON YOUR OWN.....will you see how you are unable to spend time or energy dwelling on potentials because while you are doing that you will not survive.

Please do yourself a HUGE favor and get a blue collar job that forces you to get vitamin D DAILY, take time off from school, you can read at night before bed. There are MIT courses free on the web, able bodied people need to work. It will give you every opportunity to make yourself a happy life.
Drop the SSRI'S too, seriously once you are out of your own way, you will be better.
I never ate any brains, and I don't know of anyone in my family who died from CJD. It was worry that stemmed from my symptoms of sleep trouble, and decline in performance on cognitive tests.

I'll be honest, I'm not really interested in a blue-collar job, at least not as a long-term career, as I don't think it would provide me with the mental stimulation needed for me to maintain the motivation to hold down the job. I have always been interested in scientific research as a career, and that requires a degree.

I hope you find a good one soon @CarpCharacin !!

And I believe you can get a degree!! Even if it takes you longer it doesn’t matter. I took like 6 years just to get a 2 year degree because I took a lot of time off in between and I dropped out of my first school, etc. doesn’t matter. Still got it. You can too! Even if it’s just a couple classes at a community college at first or whatever or the online MIT classes.

I wish I were more conscientious, then it'd be easier to get a degree, LOL. I took some online big 5 personality trait test a while back, and scored low on conscientiousness, and I just retook it now, and scored even lower. :oops:
big5test.png

Bottom 1% for conscientiousness 😬

I wish I were more conscientious, then it'd be easier to get a degree, LOL. I took some online big 5 personality trait test a while back, and scored low on conscientiousness, and I just retook it now, and scored even lower. :oops:View attachment 2014337
Bottom 1% for conscientiousness 😬

Most of these test type things are meaningless though. And I’m sure if it was work you were interested in, you would be high conscientious of it!! But I doubt you were that interested in the test questions. ;)

You can’t limit yourself or worry based off some test results!!

We all know you’re super smart and truly care about your work and the quality of it when it’s something you’re interested in!! I mean, just look at the work you do for this site and your goldfish!

It’s good to be able to take input and have some of that info or whatever but you can’t take things like this too seriously.

And besides, look at how high you scored on intellect!! :p ;)

Try to look at the positives. :)

Back
Top Bottom