Need advice ASAP!

Henrybelle

Songster
Apr 22, 2018
Northern California
So I have a broody hen that’s been sitting on 1 fertilized egg For around 20 days when I reached under her to check it out I accidentally cracked the egg! When this happened I heard peeping is the chick going to ok?! I did I just put a Death sentence On this poor baby?!😰😰😰😰

So I have a broody hen that’s been sitting on 1 fertilized egg For around 20 days when I reached under her to check it out I accidentally cracked the egg! When this happened I heard peeping is the chick going to ok?! I did I just put a Death sentence On this poor baby?!😰😰😰😰
Is it bleeding?
My broody crushed her one viable egg on day 19. One tiny speck of blood.
This is day 20.
IMG_20200806_181700520.jpg

No blood no distressed peeping . Also it’s almost night here and I’m worried about how my broody react to the chick. How long could it take for this little guy to make it out?

Ok This is her first hatching And I’ve heard horror stories of serial mothers. Right now they are in the coop should I move them to their own space now or after the hatching and imprinting?
Ok This is her first hatching And I’ve heard horror stories of serial mothers. Right now they are in the coop should I move them to their own space now or after the hatching and imprinting?
The egg doesn't look too bad. With the condition of the egg and this far along and a broody hen probably protective of the egg and difficult to move I'd say keep in the coop...but I've had no experiance in this area and have only learned about it through what people on here say, so I would defer to others. I don't even know what the benefits of moving a broody and baby away from the rest of the flock are and if there are any disadvantages, under normal circumstances...

Back
Top Bottom