Need advice on how to stop Roosters from Fighting

15560691534405180026578910949990.jpg

This is their pin..its not done yet...that's why I have a tarp on it.

Hello,
I need some advice on how to Get my Easter egger Roosters to Stop fighting. The fighting Started out of the blue Yesterday. Before yesterday, they had been staying in the same coop without any problems. They are from the same flock (brothers) so I'm not sure Why they are fighting. My One Rooster has some type of Eye injury..Where the white of his right eye is swollen and kind of Poking out of his eyelid. I'm very worried something serious is wrong with it but am not sure how to treat it. I have separated both of my Roosters to make sure they dont Kill each other..If anyone has any Advice I would Love to hear from you! Thank you!

Roosters can just sometime be *bleeping little bleeps* to each other, especially in the spring when their hormones are at their highest.

What happens when it occurs here is that first I see if they are aggressive to humans, too. If that's the case, they go to freezer camp - no ifs, ands or buts - because I don't allow a human-aggressive rooster to stay. If they are just being aggresive to each other, sometimes separating them, where they can still see each other but not get to each other, can settle them down, and stop the destructive behavior. If that doesn't help, you have to decide whether you will keep them separated their whole lives, or whether you want to rehome one or send it to freezer camp.

How old are these roosters? If they’re just now coming to sexual maturity, that could explain the change in their behavior. Also it’s spring (It finally started today—May it continue!) Even for domestic chickens who are bred to lay more or less without pause, spring means it’s time to make babies. Spring is (historically speaking) the time when kings go out to war. :lau Your Roos are possibly just carrying on that hoary, ancient tradition. (Translation: they fight for the right to pass on their genetic code to the next generation.)

It would be great to be able to teach them to love one another. Alas, They’re basically compact dinosaurs. Sometimes we can teach them to desire our company but that’s probably the pinnacle for chickens.

This morning I noticed My Roo's eye looked worse then last night..I clean it out with warm water and put some Neosporin on it..but not sure what else to do..I need Help!

Attachments

• 15561258360963717586528752878284.jpg
    15561258360963717586528752878284.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom