Need Advice

Foxie Chick

In the Brooder
Apr 29, 2015
I have an uncle across the road that has two dogs that has gotten after our chickens and ducks. They have gotten a hen or two; they have even torn a hole into my duck pen. I fixed the hole and would take pot shots at them when they stepped on my property. They have started to come at night and every spot light I have bought ends up after a couple times on the charger, stop charging all together. I want to know if anyone can recommend a good spot light. The dogs stopped coming for a while but when I opened my front door to let my little dog back in she started bark and run towards the chicken pen. I went to see what she was after and found my male duck in the open yard, then one of my uncles dogs started to run to it from their pen. I yelled at it and they ran away I found all but one duck and one is hurt. My uncle refuses to do anything about them and tells me to shot them but I can never get a clear shot. I don't want to start a war in the family. Can anyone give me advice?

ask uncle to keep his dogs on his property very politely, afterwards if he won't chain or fence them you call the local humane society or police on him and his dogs, nearly all areas in the USA has dog leash laws and also laws about unrestrained animals doing damage to livestock (it might be considered property damage in some areas not livestock injury but it amounts yo the same, because in some areas they simplify some laws to cover lots of stuff).

Back
Top Bottom