Need advice

Jaimes09

Songster
Sep 6, 2021
I have 3 month old chickens. They are skinny not like the dunghill ones that are usually poofy. Can they still resist cold weather? It’s about 25F-40F throughout the day. They would be covered from any sort of wind.

Only asking because I’ve been keeping them inside in a small brooder but i have a 6 month old hen that isn’t feeling good at all so i want to bring her inside and not have her worry about keeping herself warm.

I'm sure the chicks will be alright. Separate them from the flock to integrate them and give them a box of something they can go inside to warm up. They should be fully feathered by now. My 2 month olds are fine in that kind of weather
Yeah they have their own pin. Should i worry about them drinking the water cold? Like should i take it out before it gets dark so they wont wake ip and drink it in the morning?

Welp here goes nothing. Hopefully the 3 little ones are fine and this big girl gets better soon🤞🏼

Attachments

• E4370692-CB80-4E18-9E64-1CA46CE3A62C.jpeg
    E4370692-CB80-4E18-9E64-1CA46CE3A62C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • DB694B06-F5BF-41CB-9269-FA2F699EE7BE.jpeg
    DB694B06-F5BF-41CB-9269-FA2F699EE7BE.jpeg
    477.5 KB · Views: 2
I was wondering if i should be worried at all, went out before it got dark and one of the 3 chicks seems to cry with a deeper sound after they went on there stick to sleep they didn’t make anymore noise though.

I was wondering if i should be worried at all, went out before it got dark and one of the 3 chicks seems to cry with a deeper sound after they went on there stick to sleep they didn’t make anymore noise though.
They probably don't know how to go in or they got confused on their way. The "deeper sound" is them calling for their friends.

Back
Top Bottom