need advise my baby turkey keeps picking at his feet making them bleed

If he pulls that off and nothing else works, you can try to spritz his toes with a little Bitter Apple. The taste is horrible, and will hopefully be nasty enough to keep him from picking at his toes.

They will hurt and he will be miserable, but at least that will give him time to heal without reopening the wound. It's possible that he may have been allergic to something in there and it's itchy instead of painful.

Hey! Did you ever have any solution to the issue? Or did you have to put him down? Unfortunately, I have a chick doing the exact same thing right now. His feet look fine and he didn’t come into contact with any irritant. My other turkey’s aren’t doing it... on turkey starter feed, and have plenty of warmth.

Hey! Did you ever have any solution to the issue? Or did you have to put him down? Unfortunately, I have a chick doing the exact same thing right now. His feet look fine and he didn’t come into contact with any irritant. My other turkey’s aren’t doing it... on turkey starter feed, and have plenty of warmth.
Your more likely to get help here
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/a-century-of-turkey-talk-2000-2100.966414/post-24577370
this is a old thread and it's best to add pictures if you can..

Back
Top Bottom