Sponsored Post Need an egg carton? Check out Happy Hen Treats!

Good morning do you have a place in Australia that sells cartons ? .kind regards RLG57

Where can you find cartons for 8 eggs. We have customers who bring us their cartons and several have given us this size carton. We are have been charging $4 for a carton of 8. I have looked but can't seem to find anyone who sells them.

When I used to buy eggs from the store, I would buy the 8 egg cartons (only 3 of us to feed, and the little one never liked "bland" store bought eggs unless I doused them in cheese). Since we've had chickens, the little one loves the fresh eggs, btw. I've saved a bunch of the store bought 8 compartment cartons in anticipation of when my birds would lay, but never found a place that sells the cartons themselves in that size. They do come in handy if you have a tiny little flock like I do, though. Maybe put an ad on craigslist for people who might save their cartons and specify the 8 compartment ones.

The only thing I can guess is that they are from commercial egg facilities and they must have them custom made. Putting an add on Craiglist is a good idea but I am not sure we could collect enough. We currently have over 25 laying hens and should have over 40 by next spring. I need a lot more cartons.

I'm in Michigan, and the eight compartment cartons all come from Vande Bunte's egg farm- I've never seen any other company use the 8 carton other than them at the store. It's a long shot, but maybe contact someone from that company and see where they get their cartons from or if they would be willing to sell a bunch? Might be worth a phone call/letter/email. Just google Vande Bunte Eggs and you should be able to get their contact info from their website. Hope that helps. I'd send you some of mine, but I only have about 5 cartons right now :) Sounds like you're looking for a lot more than that!

Last edited:
Thanks LadyKjo. I never thought about contacting the company using them. I will call the one you suggested and the one on the packages we get from our customers. If anything, they may be able to provide us their supplier information.

I saw this via the feature at the front page. This is an advertisement then? It wasn't marked at the main link. I'm cool with a user wanting to sell their cartons, but shouldn't the front carosel/page thing be about articles which help users? Not a "If you buy our X for $$$ you will get a savings!" equivalent.

Again, totally cool with a user selling custom cartons. Just wondering why this gets special rights to post ads while others do not. Unless this is a direct BYC-sponsered item, then please note it as such!

Trying to understand here. :)

Back
Top Bottom