Need Ancona Ducklings

Ancona Breeder

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 14, 2012
I am looking for Ancona ducklings, about 15, and it seems everyone has stopped hatching them and I need them now to start a flock that will lay this year. If you could tell me a place that has reasonably priced ducklings and ships I would HIGHLY appreciate it.
Thanks!

I am looking for Ancona ducklings, about 15, and it seems everyone has stopped hatching them and I need them now to start a flock that will lay this year. If you could tell me a place that has reasonably priced ducklings and ships I would HIGHLY appreciate it.
Thanks!
Isn't their some folks on the west coast that got Holdrreads stock? or am I thinking of another breed?

Cackle Hatchery 15 for $56+$19 shipping =$75 total. $75 for 15 is a good price. I think you can order now.

Cackle has a nice price on their Anconas, though I think they may only (or mostly) have blacks and chocolates, so if you're looking for more of a color variety you may need to look elsewhere. It looks like they only hatch February-July, if their website is up-to-date.

Stromberg's hatchery also has Anconas, not sure about their colors. I think they probably only have black/white. Looks like they are also out of season right now, but they have a pretty good price as well as far as Anconas go - they're a little more expensive than some of the more common breeds, although I think they're worth it.
wink.png

If you want hatching eggs, there are a number of great Ancona breeders on BYC, but I don't know if they'd ship while it's so cold. I think a few BYC'ers also ship ducklings, but again, I don't know if they'd ship this month. Some of the breeders have some really nice strains with a lot of color variety (lavender, chocolate, blue, lilac, silver, etc.).

Boondocker's would also be a great place to order from, but like ahchick1 said, they aren't hatching until April.

Do you need them immediately? I know it's sometimes hard to wait awhile for eggs if you get your ducklings later, but it is certainly much easier to raise the ducklings in warmer weather. Hope you can find some! Hunt around on ebay, in the BYC classifieds, or on Craigslist. If you find a BYC'er or breeder close by you, maybe you could pick up ducklings that couldn't otherwise be shipped in the cold.
smile.png
Good luck!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom