NEED - Cheap Coop/Pen for 2 Sultan Bantams

mommto3kiddos

Songster
8 Years
Mar 9, 2011
My flock of hens just is not accepting my two Sultan chicks. Its come to the point I either rehome them or build another coop. But thing is DH said no to pouring money into a second coop, and I agree!! I have a few odd and end things around the house that have potential, but Im stumped on the "best" way to use them.. Here are a few of whats laying around.. Ideas would greatly be appreciated!!

- XL Hard Shell Dog Crate
- Wood Crate my husband brought home (from granite business) its about 3'x3'
- About 6' of farm fenceing
- Few scrap pieces on hardware cloth
- Tubberware Tubs

Als I would LOVE to see any pictures of small 1 or 2 bantam chicken pens.. Thanks
smile.png

Here are my thoughts:

The dog and wood crate can be used as the coop. The 6' of fencing can be attached as short run and the tubs can be placed on their side to be used as a nesting box. It will be awfully small, but it is only for two, right?

The hardware cloth can be used in spots that you might fine need some strength or holes that need patching.

If I used the wood crate as the run shell and attatched the fenceing would that be enough "run" space for two bantams sultans. They would get to free range for a few hours each day too.. I think it would be around 9 to 16 sq foot??

I think I could convert the dog crate into the coop part.

Back
Top Bottom