Need encouragement and accountability...

Thank you very much.
hugs.gif

If this is something you feel you need to do, then I wish you all the luck.
Are you still working as a nurse through all this? I can't imagine keeping up normal levels of activity without any food coming in...

It is something I need to do, so thank you.
smile.png

I am off until at least the 19th of Dec. and perhaps longer than that. So my busiest time is homeschooling my kids and driving them to all their "fun" classes. Although my daughter just got her license and first car last week so now she can do some of the driving. (She's been saving for 2 years and working and she did it all herself!) And of course my silly new puppy who is HUGE at 13 weeks takes a lot of my time. But physically, I can rest as much as I need. But you would be amazed at how our bodies are able to handle it. We have kind of lost sight of that after so many generations of plenty, but we really can go that long without food and not only thrive but be much healthier. And when a spiritual dimension is added, it is truly a blessing. So thanks for your well wishes. Suz

Well, the human body can go long periods of time without food and still survive (decreased quality of life), but not nearly as long without water. After a long enough period, the body literally starts eating itself to obtain the energy that it needs to function. Vitamins and minerals are important, but so are carbohydrates and proteins. Silkiechicken could speak more about this, as could any other medical/biological people here.

I wish you the best in your endeavor.

What are you a nurse of, if you don't mind me asking.

Fasting, if done correctly, is an amazingly beneficial thing, for both body and soul.

I could rant on for hours but I won't. Instead, I will just wish you good luck
on your journey, and I pray you find what it is you are looking for.

hugs.gif

I wish you the best of luck and you will be in my prayers.

I have a friend who used to fast for a week or so a couple times a year for spiritual reasons (he was a buddist) and I know it takes alot of discipline. Not to mention he was only 19 or 20 around this time.

again good luck on your journey and your conviction is truly honorable

Day 5 went great. Definitely feeling better every day. And the coolest part about it is I am getting very clear answers to prayers. I am finding it easier to let some anger go and let some selfishness go and wait on the Lord for some needs I have. And feel like I am getting blessed right and left today. Missed a car accident, Puppy did NOT have a broken leg (Again!!) and I didn't get charged for the vet bill, found all the stuff I was looking for today etc..... the list is really long.

Back
Top Bottom