Need encouragement and accountability...

Day 6 just ending and it was harder than yesterday. All the baking for the holidays.... seems food is everywhere. It isn't really seeing the food, it is smelling it. Tomorrow will not be so bad as the kids are with their dad this year and we are helping to feed the homeless. Keeping busy will be good. Our feast will be on Saturday.

Read the psalms this morning 101-104 They always bring such peace and comfort and a heavenly perspective to such temporary situations. I would love to be such a simple child of God who hears His voice so clearly and never doubts, but simply and trustingly obeys. Psalm 103 Bless the Lord, oh my soul, with all that is with in me bless His Holy Name.....

Quote:
This is true - whenever I need my body to be very physically active I don't eat a lot right before, because it makes me feel like I am full of concrete. Also, as I recall from my waitressing jobs in college, serving food to other people and smelling the miasmas of odors from all the variety of incongruent foods rapidly made me lose my appetite.
I wish you continued good luck!
yippiechickie.gif

Day 7... so far so good. Still feeling totally fine. Welllll.... I am tired, but that is because my 16yo DD who I share a room with has bronchitis and she has been coughing and moaning all night. Very little sleep for last few nights and still dealing with puppy diarrhea. Totally gross. I am up to my eyeballs in boogers and poop.

Got through making all the food without major temptation so that was good. I did take my daughter out tonight for a sundae it looked REALLY good. I just keep telling myself that if there is anything I am missing now, it will be readily available in 5 weeks and I can have as much as I want. It is not like any of this is going to vanish or anything.

Read through Habakkuk and it is so appropriate for what I am going through and waiting to hear. It is amazing how God sees right through to our hearts. Nothing is hidden from Him. He know all hopes and dreams and strengths and weaknesses and even our wickedness and still loves us and chooses to make His home in our hearts. So humbling.

Hope y'all had a blessed Thanksgiving.

(Read through Habakkuk and it is so appropriate for what I am going through and waiting to hear. It is amazing how God sees right through to our hearts. Nothing is hidden from Him. He know all hopes and dreams and strengths and weaknesses and even our wickedness and still loves us and chooses to make His home in our hearts. So humbling. )

AMEN sister.........I admire your courage to start your fast and your strength to continue, HIS and YOUR courage and strength that is ! A real encouragment to one person who is struggling to see the light right now............thank you for being such a blessing to me
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Just wanna say that I dont know how you did it!
I couldn't even resist seconds yesterday ! Think thats why i'm up at 0230 this morning
sad.png

That being said we're still praying for you and come to think of it, I know exactly how your'e doing it!

Randy

Day 8 10:30 I am tired today and hungry. There's a voice in my head that is telling me "Who are you to do this, what in the world do you hope to gain by this, you're going to fail, God can speak to you even if you're not fasting, how do you know God called you to this...etc..... And then I look back at my journal I started last week and it is a powerful testimony to how CLEARLY God speaks when you are fasting, that God doesn't lead you, where he doesn't protect you, I can do this, and I hope to gain obedience to God's will in my life. I guess, if Jesus was tempted when He was fasting, Satan wouldn't hesitate to go after a weakling like me. I really need prayer to only hear God's voice and nothing else, and for ongoing strength.

Read this Psalm this morning. Psalm 109: 21-31

21 But You, O God the Lord,
Deal with me for Your name's sake;
Because Your mercy is good, deliver me.
22 For I am poor and needy,
And my heart is wounded within me.
23 I am gone like a shadow when it lengthens;
I am shaken off like a locust.
24 My knees are weak through fasting,
And my flesh is feeble from lack of fatness.
25 I also have become a reproach to them;
When they look at me, they shake their heads.

26 Help me, O Lord my God!
Oh, save me according to Your mercy,
27 That they may know that this is Your hand--
That You, Lord, have done it!
28 Let them curse, but You bless;
When they arise, let them be ashamed,
But let Your servant rejoice.
29 Let my accusers be clothed with shame,
And let them cover themselves with their own disgrace as with a mantle.

30 I will greatly praise the Lord with my mouth;
Yes, I will praise Him among the multitude.
31 For He shall stand at the right hand of the poor,
To save him from those who condemn him.

Thanks!! Suz

Quote:
All the other stuff 'happens' but speaking as someone who has THREE great danes and 2 herding dogs....The above IS a blessing
smile.png
LOL I did dane rescue for 4.5yrs and am possibly getting my 2nd show dane (a blue boy) soon and those vet bills hurt!
Kristi

Ok, I not criticizing here, but as a Christian, and a believer in a MERCIFUL God, I find it hard to think that He would want you to do this to yourself! 40 days? I think maybe your pastor was recommending you do something outside your comfort zone, I do not think he was trying to give you what could amount to a death sentence. I agree hunger can add mental clarity-but for 40 days? You will be out of your gourd with hunger by then. Starving bodies make minds do crazy things. God will not think you "failed" if you abandon this scheme that I'm sure was not required of you to begin with.

PLEASE reconsider this-you are no good to anyone-including yourself AND God if you are delirious.

Quote:
Why does the pup have diarrhea? Anything I can help with? I just read on you sig what KIND of pup it is ! Must be adorable! I bet the little guy's farts help keep your hunger pains away LOL
smile.png
Giant breeds in general are notorious for gas.
Kristi

Quote:
I think that was a very fitting scripture for you to read at this time. I think if you are getting answers you are asking for, don't let others discourage you in your mission. However, do realise, you did this for a 'dialogue' between you and God, and should you cease your fast before the 40 days ARE up, no one HERE or anywhere can say anything about that.
My prayers are with you AND your family as they accompany you on this journey,
Kristi
P.S. Keep in mind if your kids are sick...and you're not eating it's going to make your immune system weaker...but yes, I know, trust that God will protect you if you're doing this for Him.

Back
Top Bottom