Need hatch buddies due Oct 25-26th PIC'S

My last bunch is dth the 24th
Lets see Jersey Giants, BCM's
fl.gif
Pencil Rocks
fl.gif
fl.gif
on those
I'm getting a little break now-hatched some over the weekend and now no more until these little ones.

well, temp and humidity is holding steady at 100* 55%. I just keep watching them slowly turn in the turner,LOL God, i love that thing!

really hoping to up mu hatch % to atleast 80%. Wouldn't that be nice
big_smile.png

I took Miss Prissy's advice and bought a "plug and play" Hovabator Genesis with the egg turner
smile.png
. LOVE it. Very consistent and steady temperature in that lovely thing.

I have eight bantam eggs and fourteen easter eggers incubating due about the 22nd.
cool.png

If I have any sort of success I'll need a bigger brooder!
tongue.png

Mine are due on the 25th. I have 18 Silkies, couple of EEs and a couple of barnyard mixed from some of my bigger girls. I have more Silkie egg on the way but they will have to rest before I can put them in.
woot.gif

I have a broody hen. Never before have I hatched any eggs. I am letting her sit on 12 fertile eggs I got from an individual in the area. I put the eggs under her on the 6th of October. Sould they be hatching around the 27th?

I'm wondering when I should candle. I had a problem with my temp jacking up to 108 temporarily on the first day (it was for less than two hours, but I don't know how much less). I want to candle and see if the temp spike killed them all or if I still have a chance. Can I candle on day four and expect to see something?

Mine are due Oct 25, 30 Delawares, 2 BBS Orps and one BR.

You would candle at no sooner than 7-9 days, especially if you are a newbie to that process. Untrained eyes plus 4 day incubation are not a good combo. And you'd need a super bright light, too.

Back
Top Bottom