Need hatch buddies for or close to the 18th!

I have brown eggs due Monday and i used a cardboard tube from a paper towel roll and an LED flash light and a pitch black room or a thick blanket over my head to make it completely black and yes you can see the veins. I didn't figure this way out until about 2 days ago. It even lets you see in the white eggs better and you can really see the embryo moving. Very Cool.

Nicky

Quote:
I set 6 Serama Eggs on Oct 22 and 6 more on the 26th. Then my Silkies FINALLY started laying so I have been putting 2 a day in. I like staggered hatches.

So, my question to you Cynthia12 is Where are you in Utah? I am in Grand Junction Colorado which is near the Utah Border. Most members on here are in TEXAS
big_smile.png
or on the East Coast.
smile.png

I'm in Central Utah..Spanish Fork, it's between Springville and Payson if you know the area.
Getting cold there yet..lol..we are due to get more snow tonight, it's actually starting right now.
I just put a couple of pullets out side with another older pullet, with a nice warm heat lamp..I'm still worrying about them, and making sure they are staying under the light. They didn't last night, so I brought them back in, but they are tonight.
The days are still in the 40's, low 50's, and get this, 64 today. Which was nice, we had my DH mother's funeral to go to today..very nice day. Beautiful service. She was almost 86, lead a very happy life. Was a great mother, and I know that's why my DH is as sweet and loving as he is.

Quote:
Garrison...
welcome-byc.gif
and welcome to the thread. I remember going under blankets to candle. Worked great with a small LED light.
smile.png

Those white eggs are easy to see the embryo..it's fun. Later, you can see the little feet or beak. Cute!

Quote:
There you are!
celebrate.gif

Here I am!! But I am getting a little worried because I just read a thread on humidity and it says that sometimes we add to much and I havent let my incubator get dry yet! I mean I keep the tray at the bottom filled. Im worried when my babies pip (hopefully!!) that they will get shrink wrapped by to much water!
sad.png
Anyone have any tips??
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom